German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
I hear ya, my girl is ten. She thinks she is 3. But I can tell when we have had a busy day she doesn't bounce back quite like she used to, needs extra sleep.

I look back over our live together and can hardly believe it has flown by like it has, since that little puppy camd out of the crate at the airport so long ago.

I try to make her happy however I can, practicing ob or nosework or take her for a sniffy walk in the park. At her age you never know. I hope she lives to be old and blind and need a ramp to get in and out of the house, but I try to just enjoy every day with her because I have learned you never know when they will have to go.
This thread is so old. But she is still here! 30 days till 13! She is kinda blind and has had to use a ramp to get up and down the stairs during some health problems.

Treasure them!

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
Yes a great thread. a photo of Karat at one of our favorite places the beach we would walk and swim for hours. Life changed a bit when the kids came my focused changed but did get to bond with and get more attention from my then husband. He was always happy. It is really hard to see them slow down. I always said once he lost his legs and could not play his favorite games he would want to leave this place and he really did. A few weeks ago my mom and ex had dreams the same week of karat and I was talking about him to a friend so I know he was paying his visits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Rumo likes to walk the same exact loop every night before bed.
We were joking that after he goes, we will see his ghost walking there every night - glowing faintly white in the dark, just like he does! Actually I think I would love to see his ghost...I wouldn't find it scary at all!

And yes...we see him getting up a little slower, napping a little longer...but I try not to dwell on it.

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
Rumo likes to walk the same exact loop every night before bed.
We were joking that after he goes, we will see his ghost walking there every night - glowing faintly white in the dark, just like he does! Actually I think I would love to see his ghost...I wouldn't find it scary at all!
Not scary at all beautiful.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts