German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
Type of coat. The hairs are banded. Our pup ranger has three different colors on a single hair strand. I believe it is the dominant color for gsds or maybe that's just working lines.....hmmm maybe someone else can answer on that.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
can tell in those pictures. Can you post pictures of her closer and full bodied from the side?

as for what is sable, sable is a dominant coloration in GSDs. As said above, the hairs are banded. Usually a lighter color closer to the body with dark tips on the end.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts

·
Registered
19,157 Posts

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
^ No, my Nikon is getting more bleed through as he ages and has the same thing, but he's not a sable. His parents were both black and tan/red. The dog can't become a sable, they either are or aren't.

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
Maggie is Black and Tan. The patterning you see down her neck/back is called a bitch stripe and is very common in West German Show lines. Think of it as greying. ;)

·
Registered
652 Posts
Well whatever! Lol she is beautiful , black, tan, white, black, orange, blue, pink, green haha. Your dog is just gorgeous. I guess I was wrong. I do apologize! :) just looks very similar to a sable.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 79 Posts