German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this dark forest green carpet everywhere. In the living room and dining room I know it's time to vaccum when I notice this sable "tint" working in......

Powell

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
I have a lot of green carpet in the areas the dog doesn't hang out. Looks lovely when clean. High traffic areas are tan colored, one of my favorite area rugs is a black and tan. It matches the dog, on purpose!

·
Registered
598 Posts
When NOT to vacuum is the question at my house. LOL. We have tan carpet throughout most of the house, and I vacuum pretty much every 1-2 days (I have 3 little 2-legged crumbsnatchers in addition to my GSD). However, we have brand-new cream colored carpet in the master BR, and that's where Kodee sleeps at night. He has a sheepskin bed, and he sleeps on that about 1/2 the time. The other 1/2 the time he sleeps on the carpet or tile next to the doors out to the deck.

I clean the BR carpet every day when I make my bed. Use a slicker brush to get up most of the hair, then vacuum...

The things we do for love

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
All my carpet is a dark forest green too...So I know the feeling, it's an everyday thing here...It's amazing how fast you can ware down a vacuum, I've recently had to purchase a new vacuum because of vacuuming so much.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Ditto KodeeGirl, I vacuum every day, or every other at most. Two dogs, three cats, sitting here waiting for two new foster cats to arrive...

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
Where we live now we don't have carpets, which is great. I just take the broom over the floor a couple times a day. Our new house will probably have carpet, which I will probably have to vacuum at least once a day.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Originally Posted By: SunCzarinaHigh traffic areas are tan colored, one of my favorite area rugs is a black and tan. It matches the dog, on purpose!
Brilliant! I like your thinking!

·
Registered
697 Posts
I have dog doors (which I dearly love) but they also mean that my dyson picks up a ton of sand along with the hair every time I vaccum. I aim for once a day, but it's more like every other day. I also have a herd of teenagers here most of the time....although with 4 dogs, not many crumbs actually hit the floor....

·
Registered
441 Posts
We have old green rugs now,they were the property of the previous home owner, we kept them down on purpose, to get through puppy stages with Echo and now until Indigo is fully aclimated.
Then they are being torns up for the sweet hardwood underneath.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts