German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
from all the research ive done so far, the one thing that concerns me for our puppies is the calcium and phosphorous levels. id like to see them very near 1%, such as with the canidae. thats why even the orijen puppy large makes me uncomfortable. i agree with barb. the orijen adult would really concern me for a growing pup.

to the original poster, among the choices of wolfcub, wolf king, and the barking at the moon, id just stick with the wolfcub til hes done growing, as the calcium and phosphorus are at 1.5 (max) and 1.2 (max). its likely that barking at the moon has higher calc/phos. since its a high protein kibble. the wolfking doesnt list those numbers, but since wolfcub is designed for lg breed puppies, its likely the wolfking has higher levels.

however, there are lots of adult foods that would have been fine from an early age. i know lots of people used canidae or innova adult right from the beginning.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.