German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
5,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering when you guys started your dog on the CD title. Mine is currently 18 months old and he has gotten his BN. I am going to start him on RN, just waiting for close enough shows to pop up. He should be able to get that one in 3 shows, but I'd like to get the CD soon also. When did you know your dog was ready for the novice ring? I know his off-leash heeling isn't where it needs to be for in the ring, but I'd just like to gauge how he's doing compared to others.

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
I started my previous female at 18 months, 3 straight shows, q'd with two high in trials..she hated it, I told her if she got her cd I'd stop doing obedience and switch to agility which is what we did:)

How did I gage if she was ready, I just kinda dove into it 'feeling' she was and well she was:)

·
Registered
987 Posts
Frank started and finished his CD at 17 months, he did it in 3 straight shows. with a first and two second finishs. I put him in the BN first at just 13 months and he handled it well so I went a head and jumped into the CD.
We're training for his CDX now and I"m using the Rally to show in till he's ready for the CDX.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts