German Shepherds Forum banner

161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Oh I'm sorry. Carry on with 16 more pages on why too or why not too neutering. Tip: if you want, you can easily not read other people's comments that don't apply to you.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Lol yeah I know. many people's posts annoy me. I just skip them, I don't tell them what to write and what not to write.

also, any thread will take turns as conversations do.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Lol yeah I know. many people's posts annoy me. I just skip them, I don't tell them what to write and what not to write.

also, any thread will take turns as conversations do.
Get some popcorn while you reading them :D

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Since it's a "sticky" thread it really would be more useful if it stayed on topic.

·
Registered
595 Posts
For me i neutered my male when he was 11 years old. I would never have done that but we got a female and he went absolutely nuts!!! He was freaking out all day and night and we could not sleep so had enough and had him chopped. THe ONLY side effect….he got fluffy. Hes not fat just much bigger. Im okay with that as he still has all the energy so I myself would not do it unless their is a reason. :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've seen you do it one too many times on other threads. You haven't done it here. But it's been done. Please don't lie about how you give the source. I've never seen more than a quick summary of what the study was...like the one about the goldens that somehow related to GSDs.

That wasn't Selzer that posted that article, that was me... and of course it doesn't relate to GSD's but it does relate to the topic on hand of speutering.... I thought it was an interesting article on the subject, but so many seem to just be blowing up instead of having rational conversation.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
That wasn't Selzer that posted that article, that was me... and of course it doesn't relate to GSD's but it does relate to the topic on hand of speutering.... I thought it was an interesting article on the subject, but so many seem to just be blowing up instead of having rational conversation.
Can you post a link pls?

·
Banned
1,673 Posts
these 'studies' are too fraught with maybes possibly's and 'might" and 'could' to be taken seriously i am sorry to say
my response to the lab and golden study is thus
overbreeding has caused some significant health changes in both breeds
one has to only visit ofa to see the dismal hip scores in both breeds

considering that those animals were kept intact most likely for breeding purposes because generally average pet owners (who might alter) dont ofa their dogs

there are just too many other factors to pin joint disorders on early s n when both breeds are suffering as a whole

i would tend to agree that 8 or 9 months would be a better age to spay and neuter

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
I was just curious. I don't believe any studies. not for neutering and not against. it's not possible to do them right. there are too many factors, as you said.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Will neuturing reduce my dog running off by distractions and help calm him around the cat? He is 9 months now and although he has calmed down a bit, his 'prey' drive is high and it means having him off lead now in the countryside/park is becoming tricky due to his size.

I've had him off lead from a young age but now he is bigger he is offputting to people if he runs off to someone. The other issue is lead aggression, when he shows aggression to certain dogs he cannot get too. Off lead he is fine!

·
Registered
8 Posts
For me i neutered my male when he was 11 years old. I would never have done that but we got a female and he went absolutely nuts!!! He was freaking out all day and night and we could not sleep so had enough and had him chopped. THe ONLY side effect….he got fluffy. Hes not fat just much bigger. Im okay with that as he still has all the energy so I myself would not do it unless their is a reason. :)
I agree - unless there is a reason I wouldn't do it to my dog.

161 - 174 of 174 Posts