German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just got my new 8 week old german shepherd puppy Thor, I havent tried to walk him yet because I have read that if you walk a puppy to early in life that it could then hurt there joints, and thats the last thing I would ever want to do to my little guy. I always play with him outside and we run around and stuff so he is getting some exercise and he isnt just laying around but I just didnt know. I know that I have read that a bored German shepherd can end up trying to entertain himself with chewing. Thanks

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
i didn't rush any exercise or training with my pup. when my pup was
8 weeks old we played in the house and the yard. i remember when
my pup was 10 weeks old we walked home from one of his Vet's.
it's exactly 1 mile from the Vet's office to our home. we were 200 ft.
from our house and he collapsed. that scared me. i picked him up
and carried him home. later on in the day i noticed him raising
his paw when moving around. that scared me also. i took a look
at his feet and i noticed an abrasion on his pad. i quickly realized
he wasn't use to walking on cement and asphalt.we played in the house
or in the yard on grass. i'm sure the mile walk didn't help anything.

>>>>> if you're watching your pup he won't be able to chew
on things. <<<<<

Hello, I just got my new 8 week old german shepherd puppy Thor, I havent tried to walk him yet because I have read that if you walk a puppy to early in life that it could then hurt there joints, and thats the last thing I would ever want to do to my little guy. I always play with him outside and we run around and stuff so he is getting some exercise and he isnt just laying around but I just didnt know.

>>>>> I know that I have read that a bored German shepherd can end up trying to entertain himself with chewing. <<<<<

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts