German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inka seems to be on the small size and I'm curious if you can tell if she's going to be a small adult or just a late bloomer. She's only 16 lbs at 12 weeks. She seems to be in good health, a little on the lean side but she's very active and a little hard to keep weight on... Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
My puppy grew alot between the 3rd and 5th month. Not sure of typical growth spurts but I hope this helps.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sammi was 12.7lbs at 12 weeks she is 24lbs at 15weeks. Just make sure she is fine take her to the vet for a regular checkup and try to feed her a good food (free grain) everyone recommends it

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She's very healthy, free of parasites. Stools are formed. I feed her Wellness large breed puppy.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Don't worry about growth. It will happen, but you want it to be slow and steady. You don't want those big growth spurts. Ever see a dog suffer with pano?

My male's only like 12.5 pounds at 10 weeks and he's fine. He eats well, he's active, he's happy, and he's healthy. Enjoy them now while you can still pick them up because it doesn't last long.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't worry about growth. It will happen, but you want it to be slow and steady. You don't want those big growth spurts. Ever see a dog suffer with pano?

My male's only like 12.5 pounds at 10 weeks and he's fine. He eats well, he's active, he's happy, and he's healthy. Enjoy them now while you can still pick them up because it doesn't last long.
Good point :) I have pics you guys can use to compare in the picture section, named Inka @11 weeks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts