German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching a show on the Travel Channel last night and it gave me the idea to start a poll. What's your preference - thin or deep dish (pan) pizza?
Please feel free to comment on sauce, toppings, etc.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally Posted By: Chris WildHummm.. they must have been showing the Chicago vs NY pizza wars again.
Yes, it was the windy city vs the big apple. Of course, being from Chicago you know my preference.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
deep dish/pan pizza

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Thin here! "St. Louis style" pizza is on paper-thin crust, with provelone cheese instead of mozerella. (and we cut it into squares, not wedges) It's an...acquired taste. LOL! You either love it or hate it.

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
I can eat it either way, but much prefer THIN. I eat pizza for the TOPPINGS not the crust! It's best if it is EASY on the sauce.

·
Registered
16,424 Posts
I picked deep dish, but unfortunately I've never met a slice of pizza that I didn't like.

·
Premium Member
11,141 Posts
I LOVE PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!!! Almost any style! I cannot chose between thin and thick because there are other types and so many variations!

Before the NY and Chicago styles took hold here - we had pizza done on long cookie sheet trays - we did not have slices, we had "cuts" 4x4 size sort of, crust was a touch airy, crunchy...sauces ranged from thin and spicy to heavy and then there are some chunky with tomatoes. So this is still my favorite style, and have gotten this from same pizza shop all my life - dense heavy buttery cheese almost, thin sauce with tomato chunks and light on spices....

Other than this kind - I can go with most anything! There is a small old ice cream stand turned into a pizza shop that does awesome thin, and a little restaurant in a strip mall that does homemade food and awesome Sicilian style 'cuts'....no way to choose which is better - they are both wonderful! LOL LOL

I like canned mushrooms (allergic to fresh if in wrong stage of maturity), bacon, pinapple, ham, meatballs, black olives (not all at once!) and occassionally anchovies depending on the pizza - Chicago style at Uno's is good for anchovies....HATE pepperoni on pizza, not crazy about sausage, can do light onions and green peppers, not hot peppers ...and always - extra cheese!

When I lived in Philly, Sbarro was a start up place, now it is in all the malls - Really don't care for the chains like Dominos, Papa Johns, Vocelli's....most of the places I get pizza from are small family owned places - worst pizza I had was in Antwerp!!! WIERD - like crackers with tomato paste adn sprinkled on dry cheese....uck! In Europe/Africa, it is better to hit the chains (there is a Pizza Hut in Cairo LOL LOL AND a TGI Friday's!)

Lee

Edit - I love the BBQ chicken pizza, and white from some places too!

·
Registered
16,424 Posts
That's because we'd eat one slice between running around ... we never had enough to get more than that in my family! One pie was a real treat.

I like white veggie pizza when it's drizzled in olive oil & has sauteed garlic on it!

·
Moderator who has gone to the dogs
14,619 Posts
Little Ceasars baby Pan Pans! Deep dish. Actually I prefer my homemade. Thick crust, lighter on the sauce with Mozzerella AND provalone cheese. Other topings vary.

·
Registered
9,651 Posts
Deep dish. Though most pizza is okay by me. There have been a few pizzas I didn't really enjoy, but they're in the minority.
Not a big fan of Papa John's but any other chain is fine.

I haven't had a garlic (white) pizza in a long time! Not since college.
I want one now.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
White pizza is my favorite.

Favorite chain, well it isn't a chain, but Crico's. They have one store (ok, definitely not a chain) and it's unfortunately here in Gulf Shores, but oh my gosh.

< That's how I feel when I eat their pizza and cheese sticks.

My friend once said, "Th definition of 'yummy' is Crico's". Yep, that's about right!

·
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch
13,571 Posts
Absolute BEST pizza ever was a little hole in the wall restaurant called Bilbo's that was down the street from campus when I was in college. Their pizza crust and breadsticks were made with beer bread... O M G was it good.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
I think the best places are those little restaurants like that. I mean food like that makes me melt, literally. It's just soooo good. It's because of those secret recipes, I'm sure of it!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts