German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it's Summer I've been thinking of different places that I could take the dogs that aren't the typical places. They have several outdoor cafes that allow dogs in my area,but it's best to go in the morning or really late evening if you can get seating.

What are your favorite things places to take your dogs to?

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
I've been going to different parks that have different trails, but I'm finding that dogs are not allowed in lots of parks. I'm getting yelled at quite often:( I also look for festivals and take the GSD there for socialization purposes.

·
Registered
576 Posts
My favorite place to take Elly May, is my property line.

I have 2+ acres in the sticks and I take her out for midnight walks all the time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I like to go hiking, and she comes along, here in Colorado we have a lot of trails that allow your dog to be off leash, also when I go 4 wheeling she's always running next to me. She loves doing all of that.
If i can't get out of the city then I take her to the dog park as much as I can.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
We have friends who have a cabin on a beautiful piece of property. 15+acres that include woods with nice trails, small lake, open fields...just gorgeous.

We take our boy & let him off leash. Really any place where we can go explore off leash is so much fun for me:)

We are going to try a boat trip soon...wish me luck on this one!

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
We are going to try a boat trip soon...wish me luck on this one!
Too funny, I was just watching videos of a boat trip we took with the two older dogs before the puppy came along and I said "I wonder how she(the puppy) would do on a boat?" I had two and it wasn't bad at all..I did have life jackets on them so I didn't have to worry so much. The only time that they got nervous was when I was in the water, they wanted me back in the boat:)

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
the lake. Just came back from almost 2 hours of fun in the water. Best way to spend the summer, especially when it's 110!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I really love this big park with tons of trails that is near where I live when I'm going to school. When I'm living at my mom's house in the summer I love just running around our acreage with her.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I love to take Jas with me when I go out to see my horse. I have to board her ( my horse not Jas hehehe) but the people I board with are wonderful people. They don't mind her. Xerx, my puppy, is still to young and I'm afraid he'd get stepped on.

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
I love taking mine to the lake and hiking :)

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
in our younger days, mine and kyra, mountain biking on the trails,now, fishing on the lake, kayaking, flyfishing, hiking trails and of course the dog park

·
Registered
646 Posts
i love taking mine to the river or the woods for a hike...i keep teasing my friends im going to buy a service dog in training vest off ebay so i can take him everywhere i go :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm lucky to live in a somewhat rural area, but still only about a mile from the beach. We have oil fields on one side of us, a mountain to the left, and a bike path to the beach on the right. It's nice not to have to go far to play and relax off leash with Nate.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I love going to the beach with cookie. We have the most fun Out in the woods. I mountain bike and she runs her tail off.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Any place with an open, wide view. My dog is always "on call" and wants to know what is going on around her. If we go to a field, there cannot be any grasses taller than her. So lately, it is the beach especially this small private beach we got a pass to. Any well manicured, open park. In the car - does not matter where we go. To Dairy Queen and cafes with nice patios. Most of all any place to meet with more GSD's like we did with Cassidy's Mom in SF a couple weekends ago.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts