German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I can't say I've seen too many. I vaguely remember Rin Tin Tin. But I'd say my favorite is the comedy K9 (the first one).

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I am Legend. With Will Smith (bad end for the GSD though, but so Nobel) without that dog he had no one!
I loved that dog in that movie. He, no I think it was a she, was beautiful!! That dog lead me to mine. I saw one that looked like that and wanted to foster it. It had already found a foster home, but they had Shadow, the rest is history!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Originally Posted By: Daisy1986I am Legend. With Will Smith (bad end for the GSD though, but so Nobel) without that dog he had no one!
I loved that dog in that movie. He, no I think it was a she, was beautiful!! That dog lead me to mine. I saw one that looked like that and wanted to foster it. It had already found a foster home, but they had Shadow, the rest is history!
I love the movie, like you said sad ending for the GSD though!! Did you know that the GSD in the movies is on of Will's real life GSD's?

·
Moderator who has gone to the dogs
14,619 Posts
Originally Posted By: Jenniferky
Originally Posted By: Daisy1986I am Legend. With Will Smith (bad end for the GSD though, but so Nobel) without that dog he had no one!
I love the movie, like you said sad ending for the GSD though!! Did you know that the GSD in the movies is on of Will's real life GSD's?
I heard that he WANTED to buy the dog because of the bond they built during the movie but the owner would not part with her. I thought I also heard that she was a rescue but I dont remember for sure on that.

I like the "K9" movies.

I have also been watching Hogans Heroes on TVLand and they have Shepherds on the lot of the episodes. I actually got to see a rerun of the JAG episode last week with the Admiral's Shepherd (even though they used several REALLY different looking Sheps in the show). It has been a good Shepherd week of TV!

·
Registered
683 Posts
[quote/] Did you know that the GSD in the movies is on of Will's real life GSD's?[/quote]

Didn't know that, I guess that explains why there was such a good chemistry there!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Originally Posted By: Amaruq
Originally Posted By: Jenniferky
I heard that he WANTED to buy the dog because of the bond they built during the movie but the owner would not part with her. I thought I also heard that she was a rescue but I dont remember for sure on that.

I like the "K9" movies.

I have also been watching Hogans Heroes on TVLand and they have Shepherds on the lot of the episodes. I actually got to see a rerun of the JAG episode last week with the Admiral's Shepherd (even though they used several REALLY different looking Sheps in the show). It has been a good Shepherd week of TV!
From what I understood on Entertainment tonight, it was his dog!

·
Registered
294 Posts
We bought ACE OF HEARTS and watched it with the kids last week. Had a picture of a gsd. It was a cute movie. Had Dean Cane in it. It was based on a true story about a k9 dog that gets lost and refinds his home.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Love leads the way!
Funny, I haven't seen that movie in years and I loved it. I couldn't remember the name of it. I'm so glad this thread was started, now I can go out and rent it!

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
OK. I heard he wanted the dog too. (Will Smith) from I am Legend.
I heard him talking in interviews, very highly about GSD's.
Which is hard not to do once you have been exposed to them.

I was worried it would start a whole 101 Dalma thing. OR the Taco Bell dog. People would want to get GSD's thinking they just come like the dog in the movie with no work.
No I have to goggle Will when I get a chance and see if he owned that dog or not!
I love Will Smith too!

Jerry Lee cool name. I bet my hubby would have used that for ours if he thought of it!

·
Banned
2,415 Posts
The WAR DOGS. Perhaps not a movie, but a video describing how many lives the German Shepherds saved in Vietnam, and how they were later adandoned by the US Military.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
K9 is one of my favorites.

I lived in San Diego when that film was made. Many of the K9 units of San Diego's finest units were at the premiere doing demos and showing their grand selves.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
This isn't a GSD movie, but does anyone remember in the first Terminator movie, at the end Sarah Conner travels with a GSD because dogs can detect terminators?

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Yes I remember the GSD in the Terminator. Love the new show too, the Sarah Cronc on TV.
I love your saying Halen about the flying monkeys.

I had to tell my hubby that one. I may even use it sometime, it is great! LOL

I looked up wether or not that was Will's GSD. I cannot find anything that says it is so far. I read that they did use 2. I am still looking.

G

·
0 Posts
Yeah, both Love Leads The Way and the two K-9 movies are at the top of my list. While I was trying to remember all the movies with GSDs in them I did a little search. This page came up.

http://home.comcast.net/~buggartt/

I'm amazed at how many GSD movies and serials there were back in the '20s, '30s, and '40s.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts