German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My puppy absolutely loves fetching sticks in the water, probably because that's the only time I let him play with them. So of course now he's chewing them up...which is what I didn't want, lol. So now that's it for sticks.

I also have the floating kong, but this toy isn't working very well with a novice swimmer - he keeps bobbing it under the surface. So he's not ready for this toy yet.

What do all of you use for fetching in the water? Are balls the way to go?
Or should I just keep at it with the kong? Or shop for a floating, chew-proof baton? Thanks for any input :)

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
I haven't taken Delgado swimming in a lake or river yet

He has a kiddie pool and he loves to "fish" and drops balls, sticks, and rocks in it and sticks his whole head under water to grab them.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Kong has a water toy on a rope that floats...my boy loves it. (probably the one you mentioned)

I will tell him we are going to the lake to get his water ball, he will go find it:)

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
When Mac was a little he liked to play fetch with sticks at the lake. Now its branches and small logs LOL.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
The Chuckit Amphibious Shark Fin Water toy is Chrono's favorite. The orange part flips up and sticks up really high out of the water so he doesn't lose sight of it when he's swimming towards it. He's lost several regular balls in the water by not being able to see them when they get lost in the waves, but he's never lost this one yet. Plus it fits in the chuckit launcher which is awesome.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
The Chuckit Amphibious Shark Fin Water toy is Chrono's favorite. The orange part flips up and sticks up really high out of the water so he doesn't lose sight of it when he's swimming towards it. He's lost several regular balls in the water by not being able to see them when they get lost in the waves, but he's never lost this one yet. Plus it fits in the chuckit launcher which is awesome.
That looks awesome! Did you have to order it online?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I have the floating Kong and she likes that but her favorite is the Kong Wubba and yes it floats! She will swim around with it in her mouth.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the great idea Syaoransbear - that Shark Fin looks like a ton of fun! I have to be careful not to throw it out too far because of how close the boats get. I noticed that Chuck It makes a floating stick too....weee, let's go shopping, lol.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Chuck it balls are a HuGe hit here!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts