German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a bit of history on my pup first:

I got Echo from some guy who could not handle her, he also had a Jack puppy who tormented her. She spent the first 7 months of her life before I got her crated in a basement for up to 18 hours a day....She is now 2.5 years old.

We have had our various problems with her "attitude" towards strangers and other dogs (She is the boss!!) but all workable problems, and she redeems herself by being my heart dog. Absolute love with friends and family she knows. OB is excellent.

I have noticed in the last few weeks an attitude change, she will now hang out in Cyrus's crate, and she HATED her crate..She does not like to go outside at night anymore for her last pee and will hide behind a chair or go to the crate. And now because of this has had accidents in the house. She used to hop right into bed with me at night and now is coming in later after I am asleep....she will head inside after about 15 minutes of ball play when I am still outside with Cyrus and Stella. But she seems happy enough

I don't get it...nothing has changed she still gets hours of exercise each day maybe more now that the weather is nicer, she seems to be her happy go lucky self most of the time but something is defiantly off with her.

Any ideas on how I can get my girl back? I appreciate any advice...

We are seeing a pet psychic on the 18th...Hey don't laugh I ran out of options........

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Did your vet check her for a UTI? Notice any changes in her gait? It could be pain.

Or...

Did anything happen outside when she was out there? A thunderstorm? A hot air balloon flying over very low (that almost ruined Chama's life)?

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought of the UTI, I am dropping off a sample in the morning to her vet.
I brushed her out this weekend and touched and pressed every inch of her and there was no indication of pain. And she will growl if she is in pain.

As for her being spooked, I thought of that, but I go outside with them at night when they go for the last potty break. Nothing really spooks her either, we lived on a very busy road where it was common to hear planes overhead and sirens...

There just seems to be no real explanation....I adore this dog and it's just killing me to see something wrong and not know what it is.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope...weird huh? This is why I'm worried...she is mostly her happy self but has "moments" of just being off, that and going potty in the house. Not just peeing either but pooping as well...

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She was just in for a "physical" and the vet said she was good.

If the UTI test comes back negative, would you suggest blood work?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts