German Shepherds Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wolfie is a very well behaved dog at home. He is calm and aside from his funny little antics, he is just a regular well mannered two year old. We call this dog, Home Wolfie.
Then we go to the beach house. Up there, he is a totally different dog. He tests limits, he barks a lot, does things he knows he isn't supposed to, and runs around like a wild man. Nothing he does is seriously wrong, he just generally misbehaves. I have to keep the doors locked because he lets himself outside whenever he feels like it. We call this dog, Beach Wolfie
Home Wolfie and Beach Wolfie both get the same amount of exercise, same schedule, same food, etc.. The only differences are that there are more people and animals around as it's a tourist area, he has a fenced yard at the beach to run in, and he sleeps in my room at the beach house, but not at home. Could the differences be why he such a drastic personality change? Any ideas?

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
first of all why can't Wolfie sleep with you
at home? as usual i'm on Wolfie's side.
maybe Wolfie acts different at his beach
house because he's exited, different smells,
different sights and he's on vacation. Wolfie
is thinking "yeah, yeah, sit, stay, don't open
the door, don't bark at the ankle nipper down the street
is all good at home but we're on vacation".

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
first of all why can't Wolfie sleep with you
at home? as usual i'm on Wolfie's side.
maybe Wolfie acts different at his beach
house because he's exited, different smells,
different sights and he's on vacation. Wolfie
is thinking "yeah, yeah, sit, stay, don't open
the door, don't bark at the ankle nipper down the street
is all good at home but we're on vacation".
LOL! I have off white wall to wall carpet in the bedroom at home, installed pre Wolfie. Since I am putting my house on the market I want to keep it clean. We have tile floors with an area rug in my room at the beach.
You may be right, he could be thinking Woohoo! Party time!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.