81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Oh Teagan did that too @davewis! I'd totally forgotten

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
What is with them and the Brillo pads with soap?
Some dogs like the taste of soap. One of my dogs ate a whole bar of Pear's soap, and another one would wait beside the bathtub every morning until my husband soaped up his hairy chest. He would then take a handful of suds off his chest, and put it on the edge of the tub for her to lick up. :rolleyes: It didn't seem to harm her, though I warned him not to give her too much in case it upset her digestion.

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
Some dogs like the taste of soap. One of my dogs ate a whole bar of Pear's soap, and another one would wait beside the bathtub every morning until my husband soaped up his hairy chest. He would then take a handful of suds off his chest, and put it on the edge of the tub for her to lick up. :rolleyes: It didn't seem to harm her, though I warned him not to give her too much in case it upset her digestion.
They open my cupboards to find Brillo pads. There's something not quite right between the ears.

·
Registered
407 Posts
They open my cupboards to find Brillo pads. There's something not quite right between the ears.
That is interesting. Ole is usually good about resource guarding. Since he was a couple of months, whenever I would take something from him or ask him to 'drop it' I would toss something even more interesting across the room for him to chase.

Even though he had eaten the scrub pads, he was more protective of the cardboard box pieces than I have ever seen him. Good to know my pup is not the only one with issues!

·
Registered
34 Posts
One of my dogs, got on the kitchen counter and was eating the German Chocolate cake I had baked earlier.

Same dog, bit a battery and sprayed battery acid inside his mouth, burning his lips and, the side of his tongue.

Again, same dog, grabbed a large toad, shook it and, threw it up against the block wall, splattering it .

Same dog....LOL.....after dinner, before I had cleaned up, took a pot off the stove that had some spaghetti in it, took it into the living room and, ate the spaghetti.....licked that pot clean.

·
Registered
7,606 Posts
I did forget about this but one night Max went into my daughters room and went through her basket of stuff. Found a jar of carrot cake lip scrub with real sugar in it and some how he opened jar of lip scrub. Now I do have to say these scrubs do taste good lol! We had no idea how he opened it it’s a glass jar with a twist cap. I’m not sure how he got his big tongue in their either as he licked out every last bit of the lip scrub. If there is a will their is a way is his motto. He loves his food and a huge foodie so we did get a laugh.

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
Man, do dogs just get really hungry? Or do they just eat weird things? Or are they seeking attention?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
@Stuckey honestly, sometimes I think it's just boredom: "let me put this in my mouth. I don't really know what it is, but I'm gonna give it a try."

This list is pretty impressive!

·
Registered
7,606 Posts
Max is a food hound so if there is edible ingredients he will eat it. I have never had a dog Into food as he is. I remember we had to go out so I called my son to feed him. I walked in the door and he just kept eating and wagged his tail while he ate but he did come over and give me a kiss on the cheek and then went back to his food bowl and continued to finish his meal - a big time mommas boy.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts