German Shepherds Forum banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Holy Cow there sure are many strange things listed here that capture the attention of our pets.

With Saint it's the tennis ball covers he passes we're always cleaning up after. Sure he has plenty of kong toys but it seems his favorites are the ones he knows he can defeat. So we keep a close eye on them.

Luckly our dogs have never hunted in the trash bucket they know it's off limits and respect it.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Luckly our dogs have never hunted in the trash bucket they know it's off limits and respect it.
Geez...I have a 13 year old that STILL hasn't learned that! :rolleyes: She was incorrigible as a puppy, and has gotten better in her old age, but just yesterday, she pulled some stuff out of my office trash, and chewed up a tissue that had a small amount of blood on it from a insect bite.

·
Registered
151 Posts
One pup will eat peach slices, watermelon, any kind of fruit. The other will not touch anything but kibble or meat. Well, if she sees the other pup eating fruit, she will take some, out of curiosity, but then spits it out.

·
Super Moderator
32,310 Posts
Halo was the worst, but she was certainly entertaining. She would leave shoes on the floor alone, but she liked to eat TP, and kleenex, potholders, and she also chewed my woven leather placemats. She stole a knife off the kitchen counter twice. She got into a box of earplugs from my night table and ate a bunch of them. She pooped out about a dozen bright orange earplugs - yes I actually counted them, lol. The only time she went for clothes was when my husband left a teeshirt on the floor and had had something in the chest pocket. The former chest pocket I should say, Halo ate the pocket right off the shirt.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Halo was the worst, but she was certainly entertaining. She would leave shoes on the floor alone, but she liked to eat TP, and kleenex, potholders, and she also chewed my woven leather placemats. She stole a knife off the kitchen counter twice. She got into a box of earplugs from my night table and ate a bunch of them. She pooped out about a dozen bright orange earplugs - yes I actually counted them, lol. The only time she went for clothes was when my husband left a teeshirt on the floor and had had something in the chest pocket. The former chest pocket I should say, Halo ate the pocket right off the shirt.

Teach him to go to the door strangers! o_O

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yellow Jackets and hornets... and lots of them, for whatever reason both my girls enjoy eating them.
Wow, that actually kind of scares me. We almost lost a dog when I was a kid that got stung in at the back of the throat by a yellow jacket, had trouble breathing and may have died if my mother ( a nurse) hadn't intervened.

My dogs snap at them (and moths and deer flies) but I discourage the ones that can sting back

·
Registered
326 Posts
That last pic would be scary for intruders😂

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Wow, that actually kind of scares me. We almost lost a dog when I was a kid that got stung in at the back of the throat by a yellow jacket, had trouble breathing and may have died if my mother ( a nurse) hadn't intervened.

My dogs snap at them (and moths and deer flies) but I discourage the ones that can sting back
Mia used to eat them, but her lesson was learned after just 2
We were concerned at the start of it, however there are so many yellow jackets and hornets here that there’s not much you can do about it....and getting stung only fuels their determination.

We accidentally disturbed a nest while cutting firewood a couple years ago. The yellow jackets swarmed us and my son and I began running before discovering that Zoey had stayed in the mix snapping up as many as she could before I recalled her. My son said she looked like a shark plowing through a sardine bait ball. Not sure how many times Zoey got stung, ( we each had a few), remarkably she was fine and suffered no ill effects.

·
Registered
407 Posts
This is nowhere near as odd as a bag of concrete... Ole had a box of SOS pads the other day. I must be getting careless as pup grows up. I put the box with a jug of laundry soap by the top of the stairs to take down to the laundry room later. When I came back, the rug was bright blue and there were shards of a cardboard box by the door. Pup's front paws and mouth were also bright blue.

Interestingly enough, the steel wool that makes up the SOS pads was fine enough that it did not make it through his bowels intact. His poop looked a bit like blue-tinged felt the next day.

Pup doesn't seem any the worse for wear.

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
This is nowhere near as odd as a bag of concrete... Ole had a box of SOS pads the other day. I must be getting careless as pup grows up. I put the box with a jug of laundry soap by the top of the stairs to take down to the laundry room later. When I came back, the rug was bright blue and there were shards of a cardboard box by the door. Pup's front paws and mouth were also bright blue.

Interestingly enough, the steel wool that makes up the SOS pads was fine enough that it did not make it through his bowels intact. His poop looked a bit like blue-tinged felt the next day.

Pup doesn't seem any the worse for wear.
What is with them and the Brillo pads with soap?

61 - 80 of 95 Posts