German Shepherds Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,234 Posts
I have lost quite a few chargers for electronics to puppies, and remote controls.....a couple of years ago, I had my Garmin in the house to update it and Kira must have found something interesting about it - she just crunched it up...I guess it made noise when crunched - like a plastic water bottle....


lee
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
621 Posts
Mine would catch the fluffs of blowing dog fur on windy days and eat them. And the dog I walk once swallowed a rat whole. He just sat there with it stuck in his mouth for a full minute (scaring me to death), then calmly swallowed it.

I noticed how they love that crunchy water bottle sound! We bought Kias a toy that crunches so he would stop with destroying water bottles...he never used it a day in his life. But if you handed him a water bottle, he wouldn't stop till it drove someone crazy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Jake didn't eat it but he jumped in the back of the jeep and sat on an industrial cardboard tube of grease that split wide open and made a big mess. That part of Jake was white, but the grease was black. I called the 800 # from the tube and Chevron was nice but I'm sure they were laughing. They had no idea how you get the stuff OFF. It is meant to stay ON. I washed what I could with dish soap off Jake and the carpet I knew to use Resolve carpet cleaner (best grease remover ever). In the end (no pun intended) it had to wear off Jake and his sitting options were limited.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
759 Posts
Yorkie we had when I was a kid, somehow got into the trash can and ate a giant/king sized dark chocolate bar one of our family members had decided he didn't like after trying a single piece. Also ate the head of a razor blade... and rat poison twice. Somehow was totally okay after all of those things.

Codi a dog I have right now is usually really good, I left her in a vehicle with an opened bag of jerky and she didn't touch it. But she can't resist feminine hygiene products. Easy fix though by just leaving the bathroom door closed.

Luka, my lab is a stink head. Had to have a blockage surgery after eating some trash while out on a walk. Somehow there was a wool type substance along with copperwire, and plastic in what he ate. I didn't have anything like that at my house so there was literally only one opportunity where he could have eaten that.

Shelby the GSD, if my sister comes home and ignores her she responds by eating or destroying something of hers once she's left. So she's eaten a sock, underwear, and a cloth headband. Along with once destroying a dog bed and apparently eating a ton of the stuffing. We had no clue until she vomited out a grocery bag worth of the stuff. She didn't get bloated up or anything, acted completely fine until it all came out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
My dog as a 6ish month old walked up to a glass on my coffee table and casually took a huge bite right out of it. He bit right through it like butter and swallowed a piece of glass. Rushed him to the vet and they x rayed him and you could see a piece of glass in him. He pooped it out just fine. Thank god. I’ll never leave glasses around my next puppy. Freak accident but still.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
55 Posts
My dog as a 6ish month old walked up to a glass on my coffee table and casually took a huge bite right out of it. He bit right through it like butter and swallowed a piece of glass. Rushed him to the vet and they x rayed him and you could see a piece of glass in him. He pooped it out just fine. Thank god. I’ll never leave glasses around my next puppy. Freak accident but still.
Dang. Now that's an appetite!
 
41 - 55 of 55 Posts
Top