German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

Registered
A whole large bag of M&Ms by our Labrador. Pooped it all out 2 hours later. Like cleaning up hot fudge with consistency and smell.

He also ate a thin sock that got stuck half-way out. Became upset and started running in circles and around the yard like he was under attack. Then me chasing him to pull it out of his butt. I can only imagine what my female GSD thought. My husband just laughed.

Reactions: Kathrynil

Registered
Oh goodness. What haven't my dogs eaten? Lol

Bailey, our ESS, eats EVERYTHING. She will devour a loaf of bread, tearing through the bag, if left on the counter. She also steals sticks of butter off the counter and will eat those. She has a thing for eating crayons. We have rainbow poop in the backyard thanks to her. Scariest thing she ever ate was one of those red, paraffin mouse blocks our exterminator put behind the fridge. We found it in her poop later. Grossest thing she eats is cat poop. 馃あ She loves almost all the veggies we feed her. Favorite thing is radishes, followed by broccoli.

Zoda - Poor Zo was confined to a crate so long as a puppy that she still tries to eat her poop and drink her urine when we let her out. She is 2 and a half, now. We got her at 12 weeks old, but we have never been able to break the drinking her own urine thing. We didn't confine her, someone else did. Zoda likes cat poop, but she is seriously weird about things. She ate the cord to our vacuum cleaner one day. She chewed the baseboard on the stairs when she was about a year old. We fixed them....and she has since chewed them again. She also likes to eat the kids' color pencils. She doesn't generally destroy her toys, though, but she and Bailey both like eating the noses off the kids' stuffed animals.

Crow - Well, he's an old man and a little feller. He doesn't really eat anything odd. Biggest thing for him is the cat poop. We caught him going all Scarface, elbow deep in the litterbox one day. Dogs are gross. Sadly, it can't be avoided when you have a giant cat (Maine Coon) with a giant litterbox and nowhere to hide it or anyway of barricading it.

Registered
When my Doberman puppy was about 6-months old he once got into the kitchen garbage while I was at work. When I got home there was garbage scattered all over the floor of the house. To my surprise the next morning his poop came out neatly wrapped in aluminum foil like a baked potato. As far as I could tell he suffered no internal damage but I was careful to not leave garbage where he could reach it from then on.

Registered
a 3 inch Darth Vader action figure, which he uncontrollably pooped out, light saber extended and all, during advanced off leash obedience class.

Registered
Let's see: a complete collar except for the plastic buckle, a nylon leash, a washcloth, numerous socks, pieces of dog beds and towels. Can't begin to list all the toys she's destroyed over her 13 years on this planet. I only buy the sturdiest ones I can find. Hard rubber is the safest - she seems to be able to poop out the bits she tears off them without any problems!

And no, she's never needed veterinary intervention for any of this, though she has occasionally vomited up the less digestible items. :rolleyes: She truly has a cast iron gut!

Premium Member
Not sure what it is about toads, but many of my dogs have tried them. The little pup now likes rocks and broken concrete, along with a dash of dirt clod. It is kinda cute when I try to take it from him, and he prances off with it, all proud.

Registered
I love these threads.... It reminds me that I am not alone.

A couple of months ago Ole figured out how to open doors. Yesterday he figured out how to open the pantry door from the outside. He got out a box of 50 Keurig K cups. He opened the box and tore the foil off each individual cup and spread the coffee grounds around the kitchen. Luckily, I found 50 little foil tops and fifty little plastic cups spread around the house. It was decaffeinated so he doesn't seem any the worse for wear.

Had to go to the home store and get childproof latches and install them. This could have been a disaster. Argg. Normally I am so proud of his problem-solving skills.

Still pooping fine.... fingers crossed.

Registered
I love these threads.... It reminds me that I am not alone.

A couple of months ago Ole figured out how to open doors. Yesterday he figured out how to open the pantry door from the outside. He got out a box of 50 Keurig K cups. He opened the box and tore the foil off each individual cup and spread the coffee grounds around the kitchen. Luckily, I found 50 little foil tops and fifty little plastic cups spread around the house. It was decaffeinated so he doesn't seem any the worse for wear.

Had to go to the home store and get childproof latches and install them. This could have been a disaster. Argg. Normally I am so proud of his problem-solving skills.

Still pooping fine.... fingers crossed.
Star also loved to get into the kitchen cupboards. Her main target was the garbage, though occasionally she'd go after something else.

I bought and installed plastic child proof latches. She figured them out in THREE DAYS!!
Since then, anything that might REMOTELY interest here has to go in a garbage bin she doesn't have access to. By 'remotely', I've had to include cracker bags with a few crumbs in them, the waxed paper that goes between frozen hamburger patties, shrimp tails and a pie box with a few crumbs of crust in it.

May you have better luck with the latches than I did!

Registered
How much water does a dog have to drink to poop out bags of cement? Must have a seriously sore digestive tract for a few days.
Hahaha! So, I called my vet in a panic after determining that she had in fact ingested most of it. We found remnants of the bags but not much of the mix itself. I explained what she had done and there was dead silence on the phone. She ate what?? He asked. What do I do?? I was nearly hysterical. Ummm.... restrict water for 24 hours? Really? This is the best answer you have? I gotta be honest, he said with a sigh, in all my years as an owner, breeder and vet I have never heard this one before. Never.
We consulted poison control, fed her huge amounts of food over the next two days and she seemed just fine.
Did not even gain any weight. Lol.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts