German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all the time because your always the one that brings them out walking and playing predominantly, thus they don't want to miss their chance off getting to go out again.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
I'm not the play buddy, or the continual treat dispenser...I'm the boss and the disciplinarian, however all my dogs are Velcro shepherds...they want to be where i am no matter what I'm doing. Three of 'em sometimes give me a break, but my boy the Cashman is stuck to me like glue...

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not the play buddy, or the continual treat dispenser...I'm the boss and the disciplinarian, however all my dogs are Velcro shepherds...they want to be where i am no matter what I'm doing. Three of 'em sometimes give me a break, but my boy the Cashman is stuck to me like glue...
What age is your boy?

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Just turned 10. Born on my birthday...have had shepherds all my (very long) life...this one's more Velcro than usual. But all my kidz prefer to be with me no matter where I am or what I'm doing. The other three are content to be in the same room, my boy is not content unless he's at my feet, and would prefer body contact. Gonna be very strange when he's gone.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Rusty is my constant shadow but he's not clingy (3.5 years old). To me there's a difference. My neighbors lab constantly rubs against you and will put his head under your hand to be petted, leans against you. I personally find that very annoying. Rusty follows me but really just needs to be within eye sight of me. If I go get the mail and he's not invited he will patiently watch me from the window. I do however enjoy him laying with me on the couch or bed. I love having him near, it's one of the traits I love about GSD.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Cash is never clingy or annoying either. Just always watching, always there. Always.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts