German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kids went out of town for the weekend so I thought I would treat Radar to a new toy since he is already missing his playmates. He is teething so I chose Nylabones..... I imagined him chewing on it as we relaxed and watched TV tonight. I gave it to him and he chewed it up and ate it in about 5 min.!!! I swear we had one years ago for a Sheltie and it was indestructable! What's the deal? I hope it won't give him belly problems. I just check the package and it does say edible- but I still expected it to last longer. The poor guy's teeth must be starting to hurt- I've noticed the past few days that when I am petting him and he doesn't have a toy in his mouth he will start chewing on me- I will yelp and he will stop and start chewing on his own leg... he just has to have something in his mouth! I will give him some ice cubes tonight! Right now he is chewing on a hoof... I hope they are ok for him!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you rubyslippers and mammagoose! I have an orbee that he already broke the rope on playing tug with the girls... I want a glow in the dark one too! I have never seen one around Nashville! Now Radar has moved on to his bad cuz! Mammagoose... do you have lots of experience with GSD tummy issues? if so can I pm you with some questions?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally Posted By: GSDOwner2008I get Apollo the dental kind too. He gets them pretty roughed up in a month, but they last a little while. Kongs are also good chew toys too. Apollo has the fire hydrant kind, and once we put peanut butter in it and it occupied him for at least an hour or so.
I use a lot of stuffed kongs and it's weird but he only licks the food out... he doesn't really chew on them. Maybe that will come later if I keep giving them to him. I might try plugging the hole and freezing water in one tonight since he is teething!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.