German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lance, I hit the active topics at least once a day to see what's happening in the GSD world of germansheperds.com. I am amazed, just amazed at the shear amount of negative stories, complaints and just plain rants.

Doesn't anything go right out there? Is it all drama? :confused:

:help:

·
Registered
535 Posts
The wife is ranting on about something and Americas next Top Bimbo is on tv and that is drama to the nth degree . Other than that .....all good here! Who is lance ?

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
My lance, I hit the active topics at least once a day to see what's happening in the GSD world of germansheperds.com. I am amazed, just amazed at the shear amount of negative stories, complaints and just plain rants.

I expect you will find plenty of drama in any forum. We all have our 'expert' opinions, don't we? And many bring in non-GSD topics that takes us off on tangents. Not proud to say that I don't alway stay on topic. Your starting this thread is a good reminder as to where we are.

·
Registered
535 Posts
The wife is ranting on about something and Americas next Top Bimbo is on tv and that is drama to the nth degree . Other than that .....all good here! Who is Lance ?

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
I try desperately not to have drama in my life but sometimes it's unavoidable. But I LOVE my GSD!!!!! That's positive! :)

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
I expect you will find plenty of drama in any forum. We all have our 'expert' opinions, don't we? And many bring in non-GSD topics that takes us off on tangents. Not proud to say that I don't alway stay on topic. Your starting this thread is a good reminder as to where we are.
I can see that I should proof-read before pressing enter.

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
I think a lot of the rants are in chat, which is fine - people need an outlet for their frustrations and stress, has nothing to do with GSDs.

And if you would like to focus on the positive, check the brags, the pictures and the puppy posts! :)

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
I think if everything was going right, people would be less likely to post about it unless there was some specific achievement to report or something. I mean a post about normal everyday life happening is probably not as interesting to a lot of people and there is no real motivation for a lot of people to write about that sort of thing...

·
Registered
1,228 Posts

I am enjoying every stage my pup goes through. Panzer is 8 months now, graduated basic obedience, passed his CGC and will take intermediate obedience in the spring.

No drama here. . . well, he did chew off some of my bedroom blinds the other day but that was my fault, not his. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
I took the dogs for a walk today and didn't fall on the ice. There, no drama. But really, really boring. I bet you're wishing I hadn't wasted your time. :)

·
Registered
32,553 Posts
My new trainer is incredible! I just love her methods. I'm having a great time training both Jax and Sierra. My daughter's progress report was good for the first time in a year! and her attitude was better because nobody was yelling at her. I have a great son. He's honest, does not do drugs or drink, he's a hard worker. He's just never home between working and his girlfriend's house (whom I adore). I have a great guy who takes an awful lot so crap from me. Especially lately with work being so busy and me so stressed. I have incredible brothers and sisters and a sweet Mom.

Yup...lots going good here. :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Wow, this is interesting, kind of.

@Veronica - Thanks, kudos on your post and congrads on your dog's CGC.

I guess unless I'm ranting about something, I may not fit in. In fact, the preference here is frustration and rants.

Hmm.

<rant on>
I went snowshoeing with my dog who was leashed BTW, and I stopped by the trail entrance and picked up my mutt-mitts, just in case she answered the call of the wild. I spied, numerous off-leashed canine companions running about, that some were well behaved and others, well. Not so.

While on my walk, I spied as well, numerous piles of canine calling cards. I was frustrated and angry about this, mainly because this is why trails are closed to our beloved friends. </rant off>

Let's spin this.

While on this same trip, I took advantage of the social opportunity present for my dog. She learned to greet other dogs, and we met nice some nice people who made nice comments about my beautiful shepherd.

On this same trip, I saw another chance to keep our trails open by picking up and disposing of errant doggie doo-doo's. While not my job, I saw it as a chance to be an ambassador for all dog owners by a demonstrating little extra responsibility, which we did make a great impression on the trail groomers for doing so.

Naw, you all are right, the first rendition is much more interesting...

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
The negative posts on here are started by people like me who are new to gsd ownership and come here for advice from knowledgeable owners. We run into problems and sometimes just have questions and I for one am glad I can come here for help! :)

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
Honestly, maybe I'm brain-dead, but I don't see what the OP sees? But I'm glad she is trying to set the tone and be an example of being positive by not complaining and whinning in a negative manner about how negative everyone is. ;)

I'm glad that people come for help if they have a problem. That is what boards like this are for.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts