German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
30,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
OK, let me translate for those of you who don't read the bible.....don't gossip. Easy Peasy.
Excuse me? I'm not sure what reading a bible has to do with not gossiping. That's pretty offensive.

·
Registered
30,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I'm just messing. The irony of being offended in a thread where 10 years ago I stated I needed to learn to forgive was to much.

But the way Car2ner stated her response was a bit condescending and unnecessary. That I'm not kidding about. Being an atheist doesn't mean a person has never read the bible or that we can't comprehend what a verse means. Not offended. It is what it is.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm just messing. The irony of being offended in a thread where 10 years ago I stated I needed to learn to forgive was to much.

But the way Car2ner stated her response was a bit condescending and unnecessary. That I'm not kidding about. Being an atheist doesn't mean a person has never read the bible or that we can't comprehend what a verse means. Not offended. It is what it is.
I apologize Jax08. We didn't mean to offend you. Please understand that as much as we want peace, we'll still quote scripture when necessary to the topic. Just like someone might quote a wise saying or Chinese proverbs(which a lot are from the bible[God's word]). We believe all the answers are in the bible, therefore, it's useful to teach. But above all we seek peace and love. I say this with all due respect Jax08.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Well, I do believe in God but will steer clear of religious matters. :)

Values I try to live out in my life are...
  • Living Simply (taking good care of Earth, planet / having "just enough" stuff / eating food that isn't overly processed)
  • Loving One Another (friends, family, community and also our fellow living creatures...i.e. dogs and bees and elephants!)
  • Contributing your Gifts (the things I do well are graphic design, art, music...for example, I do pro bono work for our public Library's website and I also like helping my clients achieve their dream of having a successful business)

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Here is an interesting little tidbit, and something I try to remember.
Every religion that believes in a singular God has some version of this phrase in common.
We are all brothers under one God.

My interpretation of that is be kind to one another.

·
Registered
9,791 Posts
What I lacked from my childhood, I taught our children and my elementary students. I have analysed why my dad was the way he was and only then came forgiveness. I hope that my existence can make people and animals' lives easier and happier.

·
Super Moderator
6,475 Posts
mine is in my signature... although, i never really had the problem of rushing, biting off more than i can chew or not marching to the beat of my own drum, so i suppose my duty is to encourage others to do the same. “shhh” “chill / relax” “hold on” and “it’ll all be fine” make their way out of my mouth multiple times a day.

·
Super Moderator
6,010 Posts
LOL Wow. Look at me all bright eyed and philosophical 10 years ago.
Ahhh, youth.

Lol!Now we're all curmudgeons :p

·
Super Moderator
4,614 Posts

No intent to offend or imply anything about anyone. I certainly didn't mean to say that an atheist has never read any book or is ignorant. The comment was meant to be tongue in cheek. We have to laugh at ourselves and "churchese" can say something simple in a complicated way. That is my only intent

21 - 40 of 40 Posts