German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
30,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe that we are all here for a reason. That we have specific things we struggle with and that we are here to learn.

Mine is forgiveness and letting go. I don't forgive things as I should. I work at truly letting things go. Simple forgiveness is not really forgiveness until the incident has no affect on you. I"m sure many of us struggle with this. I feel empathy has to be part of forgiveness. I also need to know why someone did what they did before I can understand and move on.

What is yours?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I think I have to much empathy....forgiveness is never a problem but I go overboard in the other direction.
I always trying to help someone, make a bad situation better, or fix a wrong situation.
by the way this sounds great but will drive you to insanity after awhile...lolol

·
Registered
8,186 Posts
I believe that we are all here for a reason. That we have specific things we struggle with and that we are here to learn.

Mine is forgiveness and letting go. I don't forgive things as I should. I work at truly letting things go. Simple forgiveness is not really forgiveness until the incident has no affect on you. I"m sure many of us struggle with this. I feel empathy has to be part of forgiveness. I also need to know why someone did what they did before I can understand and move on.

What is yours?
:thumbup:

i feel that forgiveness is a release... once you forgive a person, it breaks the hold they have on you.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I agree completely...forgivness is a release.
I find there is a purpose for everything no matter how negative it may be. Positive will come out of the negative in the long run...somehow.

I also try putting myself in that persons place and understanding and forgiveness go hand and hand.

·
Registered
16,424 Posts
:thumbup:

i feel that forgiveness is a release... once you forgive a person, it breaks the hold they have on you.
Amen to that!
There is no greater spiritual gift.

It took me over 30 years to truly feel it for the first time.
:)

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
I think I am here to help animals. I have had a very rough life. Parents divorced at a young age, horrible stepfather, I have a disease called Scleroderma, my sister passed away when I was 5. I have a hard time getting comfortable with people so I spend my time with animals. Ever since I could walk and talk I have loved animals. While everyone was playing with Barbies I was playing with the littlest Pet Shop. While everyone asked for toys for Christmas, I asked for a puppy. For my 16th birthday I didn't want a stupid car, I wanted a puppy. I had bunnies, geckos, bearded dragons, chameleons, hamsters, fish, a guinea pig, cats and dogs. I always wanted to be a Vet, I told everyone that. Whenever I went to a relatives house I played with their animals the whole time. I was a dog walker from the ages 10-15. I spent my time memorizing dog breeds so when I went somewhere my mom would say "What kind of dog is that?" I could always tell her. I fed the stray cats and even convinced my mom to keep 3 of them. I found one a permanent home with a neighbor. I found the perfect dog for my friends parents, I found the perfect dog for my best friend, both of them were rescues. I am a regular at the humane society by my house. I try to match the perfect dog to people I know. I donate food, blankets, toys and treats to the shelter. Now that I am older I own 3 cats and 1 GSD. I got 2 of my cats from that shelter. I want to be a Vet Tech, I want to run my own rescue and adoption center one day. I would love to be a foster mom, even though I'm sure I'll be a foster failure and keep it. I have such a huge passion for animals and I know I am here to help them. If I didn't have animals, I wouldn't be alive today.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
People come and go in eachothers lives and they all contribute to our lives as we do to them. I dont know if I am here specifically for any one purpose....but I do know how you connect with others is meant to be..in good and bad. It shapes us as a person and at that point we make choices on how we want to be seen by others. When you live each day as it is your last I think we would respond totally different to situations. I try to live that way...you cannot carry baggage then.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Great topic.

I agree that we are all here for a reason, and all things happen for a reason. Luckily, I don't have to make myself crazy attempting to figure out the why part.

I think we all have a defining moment (s). Mine was the day after they found cancer in my husband. I was a wreck, a total mess. But I had to be strong for my family, as well as for my husband, so I kept myself in check. I slipped out of the house for a moment as I had to pick up some things from Walmart. My mind was a storm of emotions, worries, regrets etc. I got out of my truck and saw a basket in the middle of the parking lot aisle. I walked towards it, at the same time another woman was doing the same thing. We both reached the basket at the same time - each had our hands on the basket, and then we looked at eachother. Her face was a mirror of mine. What ever she was going through that day, was just as bad as what I was going through. Then, for what ever reason, we hugged eachother, and cried. Right in the middle of the Walmart parking lot. I am not a huggie person, and I rarely cry, but that day, that was what I needed. She did too.

We never spoke a word - and I don't think I'd recognize her if I saw her again. So everyday I try to look people in the eye, say good morning, hold open a door, smile, something that touches another life, even if it's just a little thing.

BTW - Hubby is cancer free and has been for three years!

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
I'm not quite sure yet why I'm here. I think I'm still going down the path that will reveal it to me. However, as I go down this road there are many lessons I learn along the way. In fact, there have been so many lessons that I know blog about my situations and the lessons I learn from them. Recently, I think the lesson I've needed to learn is letting go of my desire of what my life should look like and just allowing my life to unfold. Sometime ago I learned how powerful our tongue is and how it is the single most devastating weapon in the world. The list goes on.

As far as my final destination... I don't know. But I feel I'm getting closer to finding out. GREAT question!

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Mine is definitely to have faith and to trust. (I would go in more depth but I don't think we're allowed to turn it into a religious discussion so I'll keep it vague! :) )

·
Registered
30,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you! Yes, I would prefer it NOT be a religious discussion because I am not religious and that's not what I was asking. However, if your lesson to learn is to have more faith and trust and that has to do with your religion I would still like to hear it though.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Today I heard someone speaking on the radio, she was talking about humanity reaching for a new paradigm above greed. I believe we are put here to reach for the highest morals of being human and living that life.

·
Registered
30,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Today I heard someone speaking on the radio, she was talking about humanity reaching for a new paradigm above greed. I believe we are put here to reach for the highest morals of being human and living that life.
So what is it you struggle to achieve? That you specifically struggle to learn.

·
Registered
234 Posts
To keep an open mind. See all sides of a concept or idea. Not hearing simply what I want to hear. Act rather than react. This takes one to a higher understanding of the truth. Understanding why helping other people, animals, and the planet is not an evil thing.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Jax08,

I'm not sure how to answer your question without making it about religion and I am not on this website to "convert" anyone. Hmmm... I guess I'll say that I believe I was placed here by a higher being and I need to trust that being. I don't believe I just appeared here, but rather was placed here for a specific purpose. I have read several times "The Purpose-Driven Life" so I am still trying to figure out exactly what I am meant to do here. I try to bring compassion into people's lives and am a steward for the animals. I try to be a good person and make good decisions. I try to treat others as I want to be treated and try not to be judgmental although I do have a hard time with that sometimes (and patience!). My faith was greatly tested in the past week and I think I have a long road ahead of me until I reach a "better" spiritual place.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I think I was put here to learn that you can't help everyone. From when I was little I always wanted to help. Anyone and everyone. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. But I am still trying to come to terms with the fact that I can not help everyone. At some point I need to stop and help myself.

·
Registered
47 Posts

What is yours?
I am to learn about God and how to please Him.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts