German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
86 Posts
Oh boy, tough luck. How old is he?

When I come up against "doggie amnesia", I go back to the basics. You mentioned a couple of things you'd never done before - like calling him front with your hands at your sides, using people posts. Since dogs don't generalize, this will look different to him and he probably won't know what to do. Break down to the very basic level and build up again. Start over.

I started in Rally also, so I can relate. Although they are similar, I treat them as two different things and train specifically for OB exercises, the way they are to be done in the ring - forgetting all previous Rally stuff.

We've got some good OB people on this board - I'm sure they'll have good advice. Hang in there!

· Registered
86 Posts
Hmmm....I like the "total ignore" idea, Diane. Sounds like it might work on my boy, Eli. I think he's starting to take me for granted. Maybe he needs to be reminded of how much fun I provide in his life everyday, LOL!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.