German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16,406 Posts
Hey, it sounds like you were at one of my trials! The eldest and I have a fine record of blowing them.
What helped me? Relaxing. Just figuring what the heck we were there we might as well do it regardless of the conditions... Worked a lot better!

·
Registered
16,406 Posts
I cannot remember how many trials over how many miles it took me to get the eldest's CD. I can tell you the circumstances under which we qualified.
1. I drove across Wyoming in a rain storm, arrived in a muddy location with pot holes in the motel parking lot & puddles all over the site. I said "why the heck did I bother?" but I was there so we went in the next day. (I had written it off.)
2. I was on vacation 1000 miles from home. The home in which I was staying was utter chaos the night before so we retreated to a camper. It was raining the next day, the show was outside (first outside show), there was a train that went by about a block away, too. I told my friend not to expect much.
3. Although I went down the night before, they had closed access to the obedience building and I couldn't set up my crates or look at the venue. I was annoyed because I had taken that afternoon off work and I didn't yet have any time to spare.

All the "perfect" set ups with lots of prep time & ideal conditions we blew.

If it were me, I'd try not to worry about the #$% drawing board and just go figuring what happens happens.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.