German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bear loves Cheez Its! It's so funny to watch him patiently wait for some if we get out the box.
What are some of your dog's favorite non dog treats?

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Popcorn, both dogs and even Koda love it! Raw carrots are also a huge hit

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
We got carrots for the first time yesterday and its a hit!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
carrots, apples, ice cubes, I guess these are all pretty common. I haven't fed her much people food, I do cook her scrambled eggs sometimes too.

·
Registered
972 Posts
spinach is fun to watch them eat, they all dont like it up dont want the other dogs to get it so they pick it apart and finally eat it. haha, besides that they love dog cookies i bake them, carrots are fun for them and i let them lick coconut oil off a spoon a few times a week.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
My puppy also loves carrots and apples. He did surprise me by stealing potatoes out of the bag a few times, lol. The worst was when he'd steal corn on the cob, fresh from the farmer's market. He's not a garbage picker or a counter surfer, but I have to hide the corn from him, or he'll grab it!

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Tyson Chicken Strips...:rolleyes:

Oh, and she likes apples und pretzels.

·
Registered
443 Posts
The only things mine haven't liked so far are broccoli and whole blueberries. If I squish the berries they're okay though. Must be a texture thing.

We can't eat saltines, bananas, carrots, or cheese around here without a polite little audience forming.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Medjool dates
Green beans (raw)
Yogurt covered blueberries and cherries
Dried apple rings (only Rosa likes these, Niko thinks they are not food)
Pretzels
Almonds (I refuse to share though)

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Everyone's dogs eat healthy non conventional treats!!!
I admit Bear does like Broccoli and carrots and other veggies, but he does prefer Cheezits!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Canned whipped cream is the winner here!
I've cooked chicken, lamb, and beef and nothing compares to canned whipped cream.

I've even brought a cooler to shows so that Timber got the ultimate reward after a trial.I have him sit up while I squirt some in his mouth. It always makes people point and smile.

Other than that, they like turkey bologna, cheese, liverwurst, etc. I'm always trying to find different things.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Coconut chips, coconut oil... Baby carrots for sure.

My old terrier mix LOVED oranges. If I picked up an oranges he would follow me around hopefully, waiting for me to eat it because I always gave him some of the white membranes (I'm weird and peel my orange segments).
My Golden and terrier both liked most fruits. Oranges, apples, melon, berries, etc... Also raw pumpkin if I was carving one for Halloween.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
canned whipped cream for Stella too. And cheetos. A plain cheeseburger off the dollar at mickey d's is appreciated too.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
The Hooligans aren't picky, they'll eat just about anything/everything I offer them ... veggies (raw and cooked) ... fruit (raisins/grapes can be dangerous) ... nuts ... meats (raw and cooked) ... foods with a lot of condiments/salad dressing/vinegar... etc etc etc

1 - 20 of 35 Posts