German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
My first one was long haired. Literally, every one who saw him said/asked the same things: 1) He's gorgeous....what kind of dog is he? Or 2) What is he mixed with? Full blooded GSD? Really? Or 3) Is he a Belgian Tervuren?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everybody! This is my new dog Koda, someone told me that they’ve never seen a Shepherd like this before and that there’s no way he’s a shepherd. The only real way to know is if I have him properly DNA tested, but what do you guys think? His coat isn’t necessarily long, but it is fluffy and wavy. He just hit the 5 months old mark.
He looks like a plush coated GSD with Czech lines like my Schultz was.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My GSD mix looks more Shepherd than anything but has a longer face. That being said, she had Doberman in her when we did a DNA test - 25% Doberman. That’s where we are guessing her longer face may come from. But to look at her we don’t see any Doberman!

·
Registered
2 Posts
He looks like my Schultz who was a black & tan plush coat GSD. We adopted him from a neighbor who was moving & could not take him, but his sire was Belgium, I think the mom was Czech. The neighbor got him as a puppy and said he was the runt of the litter, but he grew up to be huge with huge paws. Your guy is gorgeous.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Have you ever listened to a German yell? They sound angry even when they are something happy. It's not the words they hear. IT's how crazy you sound and look. lol

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Your dog looks like a GSD to me? He is adorable and looks to be a sound looking pup. People are funny :) DNA testing can be fun. I have done most of my rescues, just for fun. My friend has a little JRT that had "something" different we couldnt put our finger on. His test came back JRT/Corgi. AHA!!! he has a Corgi nose!!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts