German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My puppy gets the zoomies if she is wet and our adult dog would get all nutty if she had 2 balls in her mouth at once or if she was carrying the gappay ball by the string instead of the ball. What triggers your puppy/dog into getting the zoomies?

·
Super Moderator
5,385 Posts
If I stomp my feet at Russ he goes wild and races around. If I say “I’m going to pinch your butt” to Scarlet, and then make a move towards her, she zooms around. Carly is way too dignified to ever get the zoomies.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I could post a few different strange-funny things but....this one's about Shane....most folks have a dog(s) at some point that bark at themselves in a mirror.....the house we used to own had a full length mirror on the back of a door....we realized Shane would go crazy over that "strange dog" at 10 weeks ??..........we also had 2 ft. by 2 ft. framed mirror....by accident on a whim.....he was 5-6 months...half asleep in the den....I came charging down the hall way holding the mirror in front of myself....when he saw his self in the mirror he went crazy...from den ..to kitchen...down the hall and back...jump on the couch...off....on the recliner....off....every once in a while stopping to give that dog in the mirror h*ll....which just wound him up tight again...if it wasn't the "zoomies"....it sure qualified for the "crazies" lol....it was pretty much a weekly "routine" for he and I for a long time

Shane ended up in a wheel chair ( DM ) later in life....for a dog who was a thief.....prankster all his life....who didn't mind running fast enough to flip the wheel chair and grinning until i came and got him set back up....I never thought about it until right now... trying the mirror trick in the back yard while he was in his chair.... he would have loved it no doubt......shame on me.....Sorry old buddy

·
Registered
836 Posts
If you make any odd sound whatsoever, Ryka will take off like a bat out of the depths of you know where. Especially if you make a "brrrrr" sound at her. I have ZERO idea why it works, but when I'm in a quirky mood I always do it to get her crazy and then we run around like manics, haha. I love doing it outside too, because then she just runs herself absolutely silly. She also gets the zoomies if you pretend to stalk her. She'll lay there and pretend to look elsewhere, and then when you get close she leaps at you and runs away as fast as she can.

And @dogfaeries, I almost spat out my coffee at the "pinch your butt" comment. I think I'm going to try that on Ryka tonight and see what she does, hahaha!

·
Super Moderator
5,385 Posts
Yeah, I say stupid things to my dogs all the time, lol. If I say "I'm going to slap your tummy" to Scarlet, she flops over so I can slap her pink stomach.

·
4,493 Posts
I let my two out in the yard and after some sniffing and bouncing around they face off...looking at each other with an unspoken "one....two...three.....GO!" and off they go zooming. They take turns being in the lead.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
If I bend over a little bit, slap my hands on my thighs and make a Darth Vader sound, Rocky will come running flapping those big feet at me and this often turns into zoomies. Also, he sometimes gets wound up if I pretend to be a monster and say "I'm going to get you."

·
Registered
432 Posts
Muddy puddles when he knows he's not supposed to be splashing in them. Being let outside. Deer smells. Wet grass. Chasing him up the stairs when he has a tennis ball in his mouth. Successfully catching a ball/frisbee in midair.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
This is a very enjoyable subject. Inga doesn't zoom outside now, its too hot (102 yesterday). She likes to lie flat out on the cool tile floor. Its the widespread southern lethargy outbreak.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Since Shadow still gets a hearty "good dawg" for pooping in her spot that often triggers it. Every freakin' Thursday at exactly 9:25, directly in the middle of Street Outlaws, and usually right as a good race is about to start she wants to do her fly around the living room leaping from couch to love seat.
If we are outside she goes into attack mode growling and biting my feet or butt on every lap. I start out stomping and then it devolves into a childish game of "gonna get yer butt"/tag.
@Shanes' Dad-Shadow used to climb from my bed to my dresser to attack that **** dog in the mirror. After waking me up at 1am brawling with it, she was relegated to her crate at night until the mirror was rehomed. Lol.

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Lol! Yes this was about 9:00 p.m. or later lol! Luna does not get the zoomies really she is gets the wiggles and wants to spread love. Max is 3 and a half. He can still get the zoomies if someone’s invites it. His zoomies are rough so no thanks Max lol! Here is a photo of zoomies invitation - look at his back legs - no he is not crippled lol! He stiff like a possum on purpose and look at his eyes - that’s the zoomy invite I’m getting from across the couch. He wound up zoomies my pillows off the couch and invited Luna I sent them outside Lol!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
At 7.5 years old I am so thankful that Shadow will still do the ears back, head down, eyes rolling running like her tails on fire that I really don't care what triggers it. Lol.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
after every single obedience class for his reactive issues, my boy would get in the house and start zooming. It got to the point that I would rush in, open the slider door to the deck and open the deck gate to the yard so he could zoom all the stress out of having to behave himself in class.

Zoomies are a valuable and fun way to relieve stress plus, I think he was celebrating how well he was doing. Lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts