German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What town or city were you born in and how far from it do you live now? I was born in Sherman,TX and live about 300 miles south from there.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Janesville, WI. although I grew up just outside of Madison. I live about 250 mi away now.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Born in Fairfax, VA technically but always say DC since its easier to explain the location (DC area).

Live about 980 miles away now in Mobile, AL.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
I was born in Louisville, KY

I know live in Saginaw, TX. A small little town on the outskirts of Ft. Worth.

·
Registered
15,888 Posts
SuzyE
A couple of years ago I was in Detroit for the first time. I was surprised to see Canada out my hotel window. The city's history seems pretty interesting, especially 20th century history. Ethnic diversity, auto industry, motown... Large, working-class cities have got to have their own rythmn and I suspect all the US ones are a bit strapped economically right now. But the industrial cities of the Great Lakes on east seem "real" in a way that some other US cities (Denver, Seattle, San Fransisco, Portland) don't.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I was born in Rockaway, NJ (not really NEAR anything) but closer to NY then Philly. I grew up in Long Valley, NJ (again not NEAR anything) and outside of London, UK. I went to college & lived just outside of Philadelphia, until I moved to York, PA where I live now.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Born in Baton Rouge, Lousiana.
Live in St. Louis, Missouri.

So, two states away.

(Funny, my other half was born in a hospital two blocks from our house. Talk about not getting very far in life!)

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
I was born in Buffalo. I live about 45 minutes away from there.

·
Super Moderator
32,125 Posts
Born in Alameda, California, lived there for 27 years, and now live less than 15 miles away.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Born & raised in the windy city, Chicago. Live about 30 miles away now, just far enough for Sean to have a nice sized yard but close enough to visit whenever I want.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I was born in Red Bank, NJ. I lived all of my life in Port Monmouth (Middletown Twp.) until I moved here in '96. "Home" is just under 50 miles away.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Okinowa, Japan.

My dad is a Marine, and was stationed in Naha, Okinowa. My mother stayed over sea's with him aswell.

1 - 20 of 243 Posts