German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any general regular changes I should be ready for as Jupiter (currently 5 months) ages out of puppyhood? Here is what I've picked up so far:

1. tends to be less accepting of people
2. becomes more territorial at the house
3. tends to become more aggressive with people

Jupiter had a pretty intense but short landshark phase (10-15 weeks maybe was the worst, but he's really settled down). He is very food motivated, and does great during training--very smart and focused. When I don't have food, he does his own thing! Naughty. He learned how to fetch very quickly, but has recently started to get "lazy," bringing it back only part of the way. He used to hate being kenneled, even for short periods during the day, but has gotten much more patient about that. He hasn't really chewed up any furniture or shoes or anything, but that's probably mostly because I watch him very carefully in the house.

·
Registered
316 Posts
In general, expect some major increases in confidence. Jax would stand up to a bear currently, but when he was 6 months old he was afraid of me leaving the room for a minute.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In general, expect some major increases in confidence. Jax would stand up to a bear currently, but when he was 6 months old he was afraid of me leaving the room for a minute.
That's kind of scary. Jupiter isn't afraid of anything--except the trash bin, he hates it and attacks it viciously when I roll it out!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts