German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
My 1 1/2 year old girl has injured her pad. There is a pee size piece of skin missing from one of her front digit pads. It itself doesn't look too bad, like a kid's scraped knee, but she is limping. Do you think this warrants a vet visit?
Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
I can't tell you how many times Brady has done that.
The first time I took him to the vets they gave him antibiotics,
the rest I saved myself money he was fine in a few days

·
Registered
808 Posts
Errow scrapped off about half of a pad over the winter. There was a big piece of skin hanging. I just kept an eye on it to make sure it wasn't bleeding and it was healing. He limped for a day or 2 until the skin grew back and he was fine no issues at all.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Malik had that happen last summer, and we used a bootie over his paw. He tended to lick it, so when resting, I would put a sock over it, with one of those sticky wraps the vet has to keep it in place. I also used (while paw covered) a herbal tincture of goldenseal, and that helped a lot prevent an infection. Finally, it take time, but I woudn't go to the vet for that. Although, use your judgement, indeed.

·
Registered
14,509 Posts
Dante had this on 2 of his feet (playing at the tennis courts, didn't know it was even happening until he was bleeding, I still feel guilty).
Took him to the vet and all they did was snip off the hanging bits of skin. I took got him some boots so he could walk with less pain and it was only a few days and he was no longer limping at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts