German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
Carmspack Gus
3,647 Posts
I couldn’t watch after puppy slammed to the ground omg I hope he’s charged and convicted and never allowed to own animals again omg. That poor dog may have fractures.

·
Administrator
The Nerd Herder
6,645 Posts
That's disgusting. I'd like to have a conversation with that trainer.

·
Registered
11,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just didn’t see any reason for him to have done this. If it was because the dog didn’t out, the timing was way off, even for a normal correction.
All I could think about was those tender little hips. This man should never be allowed to “train” any animal, ever again.

Reactions: Saphire

·
Registered
Nadja- AKA the BooRoo
1,087 Posts
How horrible! That “trainer” should never be allowed around dogs again!

·
Registered
20 Posts
That poor puppy looks like he got hurt also. My personal opinion is that trainer shouldn't be allowed to breath anymore. Had he done that to my puppy you all can be guaranteed that I would be jail, but he would be pushing up daisies. There is no reason what so ever to treat any animal the way he did.

·
Registered
Carmspack Gus
3,647 Posts
I’m reading in a couple places that the dog suffered a hip fracture but I’m not sure how factual that is.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Honestly, this is why board and train programs can be so dangerous. You have no idea how the dog is being treated behind closed doors, and as someone that used to work at a boarding facility that also trained dogs, I would be extremely wary of any B&T program. Of course there are some good programs, but the vast majority of them are terrible. I had to quit my job because I was so sickened by what I saw on a regular basis by the other trainers. Good dogs completely ruined by the “training.”

This video is much more extreme than I ever saw, but it still doesn’t shock me at all. I know of a board and train facility in my area (that got shut down) that literally used cattle prods to train their dogs. I saw the footage a former employee took. Not okay, and of course the owners of said dogs had no idea.

*I don’t know if this video is from a board and train program, but that’s what it reminded me of

·
Registered
201 Posts
Was the dog in a board and train? I think this happened a while ago so wonder why it came to light now I can’t watch it that poor dog…

·
Registered
Carmspack Gus
3,647 Posts
Although this video just surfaced a few days ago, this happened 8 months ago.
The puppy suffered a fractured pelvic bone, but has recovered fully and now living with a new family. The pup is also doing bite work from what I learned.
Besides this scum bag trainer, I would love to get my hands on the 2nd scum bag that's filming.
Do you know of how charges/conviction went?

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
I wouldn't hold your breath for meaningful consequences unfortunately.
I have seen horrific animal abuse cases that resulted in a tiny fine and barred from owning animals for X months; it's disgusting.

·
Registered
Carmspack Gus
3,647 Posts
I wouldn't hold your breath for meaningful consequences unfortunately.
I have seen horrific animal abuse cases that resulted in a tiny fine and barred from owning animals for X months; it's disgusting.
IF, they get jail time, they are treated very badly by the other inmates.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wish I hadn't seen this. Makes me feel sick, poor little pup, so eager to please then completely unrelated to any thing; punishment. I'm a psychologist and this sort of kind words then unprovoked attacking could lead a child to develope schizophrenia or other serious mental health problems. This guy needs to be seriously punished, if he can do that to a pup what else is he capable of.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I really wish I wouldn't have watched this. I watched it, went for a run with Willow, and it's still bothering me. I look at Willow and think, that could've been you, with a broken hip and leg because of some human when you were just a little bitey puppy who didn't know any better.

We don't deserve dogs.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts