German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just over at a friend's house introducing my 14 week old pup to their dog. I've got him on Taste of the Wild puppy food, and he has a healthy appetite and has been putting on weight. Their dog (a pit bull) is a year and a half and is on Iam's large breed dog food.

My pup went for that food bowl like - well, I'm trying to think of an appropriate analogy because it was really kinda obscene. I have NEVER seen him be that excited about food. Even about treats!

What the heck do they put in that food? Must be laced with the canine equivalent of catnip or something! :eek:

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Doggy equivalent of fast food. Lol! My senior dog was on pedigree (not my choice she's the family dog), and Berlin used to go NUTS trying to get a bite, ew. Thankfully I convinced them to change her food to a way better one.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Not sure what they put in it.. its probably the same stuff that they use in other crappy brands, my puppy tries to go for my moms dog food ALL the time but I keep her on a leash so she cant get to it because its the equivalent of "junk" food to us, so of course they are going to want that more than their healthy food lol

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Fats, sugars, salt, animal digest... nasty junk that encourages the dog to eat lots of corn. Lol.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies folks...it all makes more sense now!

The pit bull (named Mr. Pink) did not care that his food was being eaten at all! Guess he had enough corn for the day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts