German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need a crate for Meiko so that when he's full grown he'll be able to stand up and turn around and everything. What size should I be looking at. What dimensions.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
How much do you intend to use it? I like a 48 inch crate for around the house as it is very spacious but I use a smaller one for transport. How big will he be?

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I assume that's Meiko in your avatar...what an adorable puppy! I clicked on your profile hoping to see more pictures of that little guy. Soooo cute!

Anyway, to answer your question. I suggest getting the 48" crate and blocking half of if off for now.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I got the wire one too based on his adult size. It comes with a removable piece so that you can use less space while the dog is still small if you're potty training. I like mine very much. They come in sizes based on predicted adult size and weight.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
I changed over to the plastic vari-kennel . Every dog has caught a paw at one time or another in the wire crates and I feel that the vari-kennel is safer if I cam going to leave the house.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I got the Large wire crate from PetCo thinking it would be good enough since it listed some large breed dogs that were similar to the size of a GSD (or so I thought..), but my pup is coming on 6 months and he's getting cramped in it and now we have to spend more $$$ for a bigger crate. :/

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts