German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the time is nearing when we will be moving. The problem is we don't exactly have our own place to stay for now. If we move the dogs will be with my in-laws. My brother-in-law has a rottie and a dobie both males which I don't think Smokey will get along with. He lives about 5 minutes away from my parent-in-laws and knows how to handle dogs. But my parent-in-laws live about an hour away from where my husband works and where my school is. They don't have a clue about how to take care of dogs.

I told my husband to take the dogs and live with his parents. But he doesn't want to commute that far. He'd rather live with a friend near his work and leave the dogs there. I think they'll be neglected there even though my brother-in-law is trust worthy. I just feel they won't get their walks or their training and will likely end up as yard dogs for that time being :c

I don't want to live with my in-laws. So I can't be there to take care of them.

It's either that or have them stay here with me in the scotching heat for the next month or so until we find a place to stay. I would like a break from them but not at the expense of their well-being. Plus I don't know how much they'll suffer here in the heat.

If any of that makes sense. Which do you think is a better option?

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Dogs can handle the heat. Who are the dogs more bonded with? If you, keep them. What will be worse for them, being separated from you or being hot?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
I would stay put, keep the dogs with you until you find a place. I think you've mentioned before they have an A/C shed / building to go into?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts