German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a fun activity i've started with my pups since they both think they know me so well.

They are both trained to eat on command after sitting and making eye contact with me. Since tone is everything and they're basically just looking for any 1 syllable word said in a monotone voice - last night I decided to trick them.

First I said "hey", both of them began to dart forward then teetered on their front toes and looked at me confused... then i said "Sheet" "Meat" and "Feet" until their reactions lessened and they were 100% focused, then I said eat and allowed them to enjoy their meal.

It was probably more fun for me, but none the less a good activity or test to keep them on their toes (literally).

·
Registered
288 Posts
That does sound like fun. How old are your pups? Ours is almost 6 months and he sits and makes eye contact and then we say "Free". I am going to try that. Great idea.

·
Super Moderator
32,309 Posts
Fun exercise - I do the same thing! I use 'okay' as my release word, (yeah I know all the reasons why it's a bad idea), and when mine are waiting for the release to I eat I like to play with them by saying other 'o' words in the same tone of voice to see if I can trick them. They're pretty good, I think they're wise to me by now!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts