German Shepherds Forum banner

Please select which registration your dog has.

• ADBA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • APR

• APRI

• DRA

• IAR

• NAMBR

• NAPDR

• UABR

• UKCI

• USKC

• WKC

• WWKC

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to which registration everyones GSD is registered with.... An is it is believed to be a good registation company or not?:confused:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just had Bandit Registered through CKC. Mostly for the photo ID card & registration incase he was ever lost or stolen.

·
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch
13,571 Posts
Ours are all AKC, and several are also UKC for participation in UKC events.

When people say "CKC" I think it would make sense to specify Canadian or Continental. Canadian is of course the main registry in Canada, and a reputable registry. Continental is not a reputable registry, being popular amongst puppy mill corporations and other questionable sources. Typically ones who don't qualify for registry with repuatable ones like AKC.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I had to vote: "not registered" because pending a neutering or at 2 yrs of age if the breeder decides she might want to use him for breeding. ( i left it open to her for now).

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
AKC and CKC (Canadian Kennel Club). Gryffon is registered with both.

I only voted AKC in the poll. I'm assuming that the CKC choice you listed is for the continental kennel club. I think that due to the confusion between the Continental and the Canadian kennel clubs, your poll results will be skewed.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Oops, I forgot to clarify. Ours are registered with Continental. But we're not in it for show or working purposes, so we're good with that. I guess you could call us "Light" GSD owners, lol!

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
Mine are AKC.

·
2,967 Posts
Our dogs all have their AKC papers. Ike is also registered with UScA in their breed registry program. I don't see a box there for the SV...I would assume some people have dogs imported with foreign registries.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well my dog is registered through CKC cont. not can. CKC cont. is becoming very popular where I am almost as much as AKC. I know AKC is top of the line but I have also heard they can be very difficult to work with if you are in the breeding line. My mom has a Shepherd that is ACA I have not even heard of ACA before.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Nikon and Kenya are both AKC, UKC, and CPE (Canine Performance Events - for agility). Nikon's scorebook and pedigree certification are WDA and he'll probably be getting a DVG scorebook as well.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts