German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have been wondering if anyone more knowledgeable could help with figuring this out! She was a stray and when we took her to the vet all they could say is she is mixed. So I'll take any help, also if you need to know more about her just ask and I'll answer! Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I think there is probably some beagle in there. Other than that I don't know, and even that is a guess. Enjoy her! She looks very friendly.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
She looks quite pleased at being in the middle of your family/living room. :)
Awesome that you took her in!
I see some GSD coloring and yes, maybe a little beagle. It's a tough call sometimes. What's her personality like?

·
Super Moderator
6,702 Posts
The list is endless, she could be many things... a mix bred with a mix.

Beagle
Pitbull
GSD
Cattle Dog
Lab

...hard to know her true body type which could give some insight.

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
I am going to head off topic a bit. You said she was a stray, did you pick her up or did you adopt her from a shelter?
I hope you have looked for an owner because that dog is well fed and in reasonable condition. Strays aren't.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am going to head off topic a bit. You said she was a stray, did you pick her up or did you adopt her from a shelter?
I hope you have looked for an owner because that dog is well fed and in reasonable condition. Strays aren't.
Yes she was we have had her for 4 years and I have been curious just not sure where to look for answers

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
By her size, head shape and coat she looks like a GSD/Beagle cross to me. How does she sound vocally? Its it bowwoo-like? By that I mean Beagle-ish.

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
I meant no offense. I thought you meant you had just gotten her.
If you want to know do a dna test. Mixes often look like things they are not. I adopted a pup years ago that was picked up as a stray and thought to be a collie lab cross. She grew to look exactly like a leggy shepherd. Lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts