German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nova is flying in next week from the rescue! I'm so excited. What do you guys think she's mixed with?

Mom (a stray found on the streets):

She had a litter of various sable and black pups in short and long hair and some had blue eyes.

and Nova! (Photos from her foster mom)

·
Registered
652 Posts
Nova is flying in next week from the rescue! I'm so excited. What do you guys think she's mixed with?

She had a litter of various sable and black pups in short and long hair and some had blue eyes.

High content GSD with husky! It's quite obvious in the tail! Looks just like a GSD with 1 blue eye and a bushier tail :) beautiful!!!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
652 Posts

I can guarantee that she is part husky based on the tail, stance, and eye. I see a ton of GSD! :) high content GSD right there. :) beautiful dog!!! Definitely a sable as well.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Here's another vote for daddy being a Sibe.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Wow! What a stunning and unique dog! The face looks Malinois but the body & coat is very different. I'm thinking some kind of husky/malamute going on there as well. Congrats, she's gorgeous.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
lol You guys are killing me with quoting the entire first post with all the pics:rolleyes:

This is a beautiful girl for sure. I do not see husky. I do see Mal but what else not sure? Enjoy her!

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
She is a beauty, I am guessing GSD/HUSKY, thanks for sharing her with us.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I thought she looked like a mal too! Though her mom doesn't seem like one...or exactly pure bred either. Who knows! Perhaps both parents are GSD mixes? I showed her picture to a malinos breeder and he did a double take, thought she was one at first glimpse, the realized, wait...no she has a blue eye.

Perhaps her personality will help determine it. I'm tempted to get a DNA test out of curiosity sake's.

Either way i'm super excited to meet her in person! I'm defiantly going to look into agility, apparently she climbs chain link fencing with ease, spunky girl!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Husky is more likely, I don't believe her color (Agouti, incorrectly referred to as "sable" in GSDs) is present in Malinois and it's recessive so both parents have to carry it. It's pretty common in huskies, along with the blue eyes. :)

Alaskan Huskies aren't a breed, but a mixing of dogs bred for sled racing. They're often very slender bodied. Which can give that more Malinois-like body type. But you'll get a much better guess when she matures :)

·
Registered
722 Posts
------------
Either way i'm super excited to meet her in person! I'm defiantly going to look into agility, apparently she climbs chain link fencing with ease, spunky girl!
Hmm, that last sentence sounds like fodder for the Mal theory....

I have a mutt who can't be let out by herself because she can scale a 6' chain link fence in seconds. She doesn't have any Malinois in her at all.

·
Registered
567 Posts
What a fantastically cool looking dog! Regardless of what she is, be ready for a ride. She looks energetic and is gonna keep you on your toes :p

·
Registered
432 Posts
My goodness how lucky are you she is stunning congrats.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts