German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is just out of curiousity as Zena was adopted and we dont know her history before we got her in 2006 except she'd been a stray 3 previous times (never had an issue with her running off with us). We're sure from her drive, protective instincts, and general build she's from working lines. My question to you is what lines specifically do you think she might be from?

she has a heavier head than a showline would. nice straight back and the girl has some speed on her despite her hips being an issue. Very dominant personality but cool with proper introductions to other dogs unless they start something first. Good inside with cats at home, typical prey drive outside.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
I would say she is from Pet Lines. Since she is from a rescue and was a stray who knows, she could be a mixture.She is super cute though.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol thanks. she's your typical spoiled shepherd lol. but she's a really good girl. we actually adopted her from the humane society back home before they started charging $400+ for purebreeds.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I met her she would get a big hug.lol.

she would love that. She's an aggressive girl but most of the time she's pretty cool. She's iffy on men though. She loves giving my hubby a hard time when he gets close to me but she's wagging her tail like a crazy dog because she knows its irks him. its hilarious. She's definitely a character! big teddy bear. Perfect jungle gym for all kids.

.... and the occassional babysitter lol. by far one of my favorite pictures!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
No clue but she is beautiful!!!:wub:

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
love the pics with your baby!!:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Your pup seems very motherly:)

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The last picture is priceless!!

i have a copy of it framed on my wall in my livingroom. I post it regularly. lol. she's really an amazing dog. I cant get over how lucky we were in finding her. She had no previous training until we got her. She's a dream on the leash (only with me lol), sit, down, paw, other paw. Amazing with kids. She's the dog that turned my moms opinion around about GSDs after a rough first meeting with my dad. She was fine with my mom and everyone else she met but the day she met my dad, he had just had surgery on his foot and was on crutches but was so excited to get to meet a GSD again (he had one as a kid). Zena freaked out at first so there was a lot of barking and growling and lunging but nothing beyond that. After that everything was cool. After my daughter was born the dogs and i stayed with my parents for a couple weeks because they could help me out after my c-section in taking care of my daughter while hubby was in bootcamp. I was living with my inlaws but more comfy with my parents ya know? Anyway i went out for a break from mom duty one night and came home to a nice story. My baby brother had been hanging on Zena a little too rough and was pulling fur. Zena reached around carefully, gently grabbed my brothers hand and lifted it away. Then she let go and went back to just adoring the attention. no marks, no aggression, just some drool lol. That changed my moms entire opinion right then and there on Zena and the GSD breed in general.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
love the pics with your baby!!:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Your pup seems very motherly:)

she's my girl. Definitely my favorite lol. Anxiously waiting to live some place that we can have her without it affecting her health so drastically. NC has too high a humidity content that her ears kept getting infected and the last time required surgery on a visit home. She's living with my inlaws possibly permantly. We gave her to my father in law but she's causing some trouble with my MIL and HATES my brother in law. I'm hoping that despite hubby saying they could keep her, we'll be able to get her back when we move to maryland. I miss my girl!!! She's got allergies so needs a steroid shot monthly and weekly ear cleanings but i'm so willing as long as i can have my monster teddy bear/protector back home where she belongs.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
she's my girl. Definitely my favorite lol. Anxiously waiting to live some place that we can have her without it affecting her health so drastically. NC has too high a humidity content that her ears kept getting infected and the last time required surgery on a visit home. She's living with my inlaws possibly permantly. We gave her to my father in law but she's causing some trouble with my MIL and HATES my brother in law. I'm hoping that despite hubby saying they could keep her, we'll be able to get her back when we move to maryland. I miss my girl!!! She's got allergies so needs a steroid shot monthly and weekly ear cleanings but i'm so willing as long as i can have my monster teddy bear/protector back home where she belongs.

I really hope everything works out for you that pup is a treasure!!!!:gsdbeggin:

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I really hope everything works out for you that pup is a treasure!!!!:gsdbeggin:
i do too. She's my dog. I feel safer when she's with me and the kids while my husband is out in the field or something. too many bad experiences to be okay with night time ya know?

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
i do too. She's my dog. I feel safer when she's with me and the kids while my husband is out in the field or something. too many bad experiences to be okay with night time ya know?
I feel that way with Tanner. Myabe its because he is bigger and more intimidating and more "wild" looking.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I feel that way with Tanner. Myabe its because he is bigger and more intimidating and more "wild" looking.

if you were to compare Zena with Shelby, you would probably think Zena was male. She's a good sized girl, very thick. If it came down to having to rely on Zena or Riley for judging someone, i would definitely rely on Zena, hands down. Riley is too darn friendly with everyone! He's a follower too. If Zena would bark at something, he assume he should too. I never trust him when it comes to anything serious. Though his size alone is usually enough unless the threat see's him body wagging like the idiot he is.

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
Myself, I don't see any working line in there, despite the sable coloring.

Her face may not be as refined as some American showlines, but it looks more like a show-line (or more like Jessie was saying - petline). Hard to tell what her build is like from the pictures - they are too big to fit on my computer screen and I have to scroll to see her fully. From the pictures you posted, hard to see her body structure as she appears a bit chunky, but again, working lines often have a deeper chest, narrower waist, and an overall appearance of svelte athleticism - though that does not mean that they can't be happy, spoiled, well-loved, child-proof pets, as obviously Zena is. She is a lucky girl to have found you!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts