German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Some of you seem to be experts in terms of what line a GSD comes from. I wasn't as particular as I maybe should have been and didn't put much consideration into whether my pup was from an American line, a German line, a working line, a show line etc... rookie mistake i suppose. Anyway, I'd be interested in hearing what you think Cody is... thanks!

pics from about 4 months to 6 months

Attachments

·
Registered
30,372 Posts
Do you have his papers?

He looks like a sable to me. Sable's are typically working lines. Do you have a picture of him from the side?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i have some papers but, honestly didn't look at them much. I never planned on showing or breeding him so his "creditials" so to speak didn't matter much. I do know is dad is an AKC champ of some sorts.

we picked him based on tempermant and the fact that he picked us! of all 10 pup's he was most eager to get pet, some say hi, bring us a toy etc...

looking for a side shot, but i don't see how to attach the pic now. maybe i need more coffee lol

thanks for your thoughts, ill work on a side pic lol

Attachments

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the breeder was Sally Batha. she was in Sterling Illinois. I'll review the papers i have when i get home..actually better yet I can e-mail sally.

thanks for the compliment!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks Jax! i added her on my facebook :) so based on that link hes a working german line.

i'll get some answers from her and update this thread.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
First of all this is a gorgeous Sable puppy.
I would have said that he is German way before checking the breeder’s web site.
You got yourself a nice dog - congrats - what do you plan on doing with him? I don't want to be presumptuous but I would definitely get him into some sort of a job. These guys just love to work.
Back in another life I was into Search & Rescue. I’m just getting to old to do that stuff anymore so my two young girls are TDI therapy dogs. Something you might want to check in to. He would love it and you would find it to be very rewarding.
You seem to be pretty young - you might also consider Schutzhund.
Good Luck with him!!!

:):)

·
2,967 Posts
Not necessarily a German Workingline if that is indeed the kennel. They do German Show and Working lines. (The SchH titles do not indicate lines as any dog bred in Germany must have either a SchH or HGH title to be considered for breeding by the SV)

We'd have to know the parents to make any real determination on the lines. Althoguh my guess would be at least part workinglines because of the Sable coloration. He is a handsome puppy. :)

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
the breeder was Sally Batha. she was in Sterling Illinois. I'll review the papers i have when i get home..actually better yet I can e-mail sally.
If you have her email address, why not just ask her what lines he is from? The dog's breeder would know better than random people on the internet looking at photos. :D

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hi all, i have e-mailed her...will keep you all posted. thanks again for the compliments.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Josh -

I have forgotten which thread I asked you about Cody's breeder in, but I found this thread anyway!

I looked up Sally Batha on Google, but she doesn't seem to have a website. Did you just find her through Facebook? I can't access Facebook through the work computers here (it is blocked), but I will try to get on in my room and see if I can find out more information.

Does she have both of Cody's parents? If so, did they seem like good dogs? Has she done any Schutzhund or other sport with them?

He really is gorgeous!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks all...I did get the papers finally, and posted a new thread. im very impressed with the knowledgable people on this forum!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts