German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
You may want to use the forum search function as it is a common question.
I use springtime garlic granules.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I'm currently using a flea and tick collar. The makers of heartguard just came out with a flea/tick preventative called nexgard. Don't know if it is any count.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Chewables ??? Like Heartguard for heartworm ? I did not know they made a chewable for tick and flea prevention.

I just pulled a tick off my dog a few days ago so I reluctantly applied the poison called Frontline Plus on her.

I really need to investigate Jocoyn's solution for ticks and fleas.

SuperG

·
Registered
75 Posts
I used Nexguard and didnt have any problem with it. At first I had tried a natural preventative and ended up finding a bloated tick from my pup. I didnt want to use topicals because of my young kids and the stories I have heard about them.

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
I am not sure anything is 100%..........we had far fewer ticks than a teammate whose dog had the scalibor collar but we still had some. I check twice a day and the few ones I have found are typically not engorged yet.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Simpleguard topical for fleas and ticks in the summer. I'm lucky I can give Myah a break the rest of the year.

But it also depends on where you go. There are some canyons around here FULL of TICKS! I would find one engorged on her every time we went - and we even stayed on the very wide, open dirt path!

So, our yard is tick free (so far) and I take Myah to the beach for freedom and roaming.

Ticks are just not worth it. They are mean, infected, biting machines. So hard to find on a GSD coat until they are engorged. Yuck.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I'm actually terrified of ticks. I know that's really lame and I don't know why, but really, I feel like I am going to puke every time I see them. Luckily I have never found one on my dog but I would love to find something that will annihilate anything that tries to feast on her *shudder*. I ran out of Frontline last month and decided not to rebuy because I've been hearing that it doesn't work well.

:(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts