German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys am new here and am hoping u'll could give me plenty of advice regarding my new pup in the future ? I recently got a black gsd pup and I must say he's absolutely adorableee We love him so much already ❤ but I was wondering if any1 could tell me what kinda coat he has... Is it a long or short coat? Both his parents look to be long coats and so does his brother but am not sure about my Kaiser... Ofc it doesn't matter as long as he's healthy and active but it would be nice to know ?
I've attached pics of both parents and also him at 2 months and now at 3 months

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hi there,
From what I can tell it looks like you will have a long hair GSD. The fluffy ears usually give it away. My short hair male was soft and fluffy as a puppy but didn't have fluffy ears. My female is long hair and has super fluffy soft ears. Plus with 2 long hair parents, chances are the puppies will be long hair as well - Invest in a good a brush :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there,
From what I can tell it looks like you will have a long hair GSD. The fluffy ears usually give it away. My short hair male was soft and fluffy as a puppy but didn't have fluffy ears. My female is long hair and has super fluffy soft ears. Plus with 2 long hair parents, chances are the puppies will be long hair as well - Invest in a good a brush /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
Thxx I really hope he turns out to be a long haired ? Ur right his ears are super fluffy hehe only time will tell ofc ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts