German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parents have two boxers and their neighbours have a roughly 80lb unidentifiable mix breed (no hint of pit-bull that I’m aware of). The dog has always been poorly mannered and in the 4ish years that they’ve lived there, the dog is constantly tied to the porch, in the backyard or running in and out of the house with the kids. My parents are just patient and never made an issue out of this.
Today however, my dad’s dogs began acting weird... shaking and wanting to go outside. After about 10 minutes, he leashed them up in the garage and pressed the door opener. Little did he know the neighbor’s dog was just outside the door, it wasn’t even half way up yet before the dog ran in and started attacking both of them... completely unprovoked.
It looks like no one was home and their front door was wide open and the dog got out... but why would he just suddenly be out to attack dogs that he knew and has played with before?
My parents aren’t looking to sue or cause trouble for the neighbour and even feel bad because they took their boxers to the vet and consequently animal control will probably pay a visit later but we’re all wondering what kind of behaviour this is for a dog to be just suddenly lurking and prowling and attack for no reason?

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: My parents' dogs received 10 stitches between the two of them, neighbor's dog was untouched.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The first red flag was that this dog was always leashed on the porch. If their dog was a problem, they should have put up a secure fence on their property. What if this dog attacked a child in your family? Would your parents be as nice about it (by the way - your parents are obviously *really* nice and they don't deserve to have to deal with this.).

PS Pit bulls don't attack humans/dogs unless they are poorly raised/handled by irresponsible owners. You witnessed a mixed breed attacking them out of fear/aggression (mostly fear). Any dog can do it, even one of the dogs in this forum. It's nice of your parents to not make trouble, but these owners deserved a little trouble for their lack of responsibility.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts