German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every dog has them, so what are some of yours? The big thing at my house seems to be eating gross stuff outside if it can be gotten away with. We also have a couple of dogs here who like to 'swim' in the water bowls in the kitchen. Nothing wakes you up more than stepping in a bunch of cold water.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Rocks! Loves rocks! Any rock any size form color not discriminate. What drives me nuts is if there are no loose rocks he will scrape the ground to unlodge one and I'm affraid he'll chokoe on it. But thats not all. This 5 month old pup then likes to run with it. Turns it into a game of keep away from mom and dad. He's made both of us look like idiots in the backyard several times. I'm sure our neighbors get a good laugh at our expense.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Hmm that's easy Bella does three things that drive me up the wall 1 she digs threw my garbage can when the lid is off , 2 go in my hamper and rip my underwear, 3 go looking for treats in the cat litter box. What a dirty dog lol...

·
Registered
423 Posts
When I had Kaos his only really bad habit and one I could never break him out of. He hated the vacuum dragon. As soon as he would see me get near it the whining would start. Then the barks that could wake the dead. The vacuum would be covered in his slobber.....

With my 5 month old puppy Havoc. He loves to grab try to eat rocks, weeds, plants. Anything he can get his mouth on. Go after a roll of toilet paper. If I try and leave him in his 7X6 pen so he can have some freedom to move and play when I am at work. He likes to make sections of carpet disappear from digging. At night I am trying to get him to settle down and go right to sleep on my bed. So I first put him in his crate to get him settle him down. Then I let him out and let him jump up on the bed. But sometimes he tries to eat the sheets. Or grab shoes I left around.... There are a bunch of things but he should out grow them......

·
Registered
32,356 Posts
Charging and screaming to the door when she hears a noise outside.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
eating dirt:(

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
It used to be swallowing socks whole, but he's since grown out of that. Now it's really just overreacting to certain dogs during walks, which we are still trying to break him of.

Oh no, wait... I have another one. He has this habit of jumping in the chair or on the couch when he knows you are about to sit in it. I think he gets a kick out of "getting the look".

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Always pawing at my arm when she wants attention or wants to play. I have to be firm with her if I'm busy with another task to get her to leave me alone.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Colt is always let loose in the garden, and he always tries helping the Gardner moving our big and beautiful cedar tree by digging a half meter hole under it :p

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Mac's is that he herds us when we are outside sitting down at the table.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We used to like watching Wheel of Fortune at our house, but the *ding* sounds too much like the doorbell, and Ruby can't stop herself from barking and running to the front door. Now, we have to be sure to change the channel quickly once Jeopardy ends, or we are treated to 2 minutes of patrolling the entryway and barking.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Nikos almost 11 and I can honestly say he has never had any bad habits:)

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Always pawing at my arm when she wants attention or wants to play. I have to be firm with her if I'm busy with another task to get her to leave me alone.
Ugh, this! Or my FACE when I'm laying on the couch. Not cute, she's gotten in trouble for that more than once.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ugh, this! Or my FACE when I'm laying on the couch. Not cute, she's gotten in trouble for that more than once.
Shadow likes to touch things with her nose if it interests her or if she wants to bring our attention to it. She does it with plates if I'm sitting on the floor with food (she knows not to grab anything unless we give it to her), and she'll do it with nice clothing if I change. I don't mind it, but other family members do :p

·
Banned
1,116 Posts
Lucy is a big 28 inches 48 kg bulky bitch, running around the house, jumping on the top of every surface, smashing things, barking and whining. I loved that big vase... And, all of that is because a bluebottle has managed to penetrate inside. Lucy catches flies. She is chowing it, spitting it on the floor, it is still alive, little miserable black thing buzzing on the floor all covered in dog saliva, she chows it again, kills it and spreads it on the floor with her paw. Almost every second day.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Jazzy is super attached to me, when I come back after being gone even 5 minutes she does this screetching/howl/whine bark that makes me want to scream. That noise gets Delgado going and I get treated to a loud deep barking/loud screetching fit combo for 10-30 seconds until I get to the crates. Once I'm there they know they don't get let out until they're quiet so they shut up right away. I can't break her out of it, it's just excitement bubbling over into a hot mess :crazy:

Delgado's pretty good about barking, he knows one or two is allowed in certain circumstances but more then two gets you in trouble. He does bark on leash at other onleash dogs, though he has improved greatly in that regard, it's still not 100%

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Jack steps on my feet. All the Time. And he's Heavy. Rude dog.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts