German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so we have a thread going about what you are afraid of, but what about your dogs? What are they scared of?

I'll start us off. My GSD Ammo is terrified of my little girl's elephant. It shoots plastic balls up in the air through its trunk and plays music. Anytime the button is pushed Ammo wants nothing to do with it.

ImageUploadedByPG Free1373215915.454196.jpg
ImageUploadedByPG Free1373215938.204772.jpg

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
My female GSD does not like plastic bags. Don't know why, but she is gone if you have one in your hand. I just found out that my male GSD does not like bug zappers, the sound was very disturbing to him.

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
"FOOD" I have to jump through hoops getting my boy to eat. :laugh: And he is very afraid of his first Vet I no longer take him to.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My Ridgeback mix Shotgun is afraid of fire trucks, fireworks, the fireplace, pretty much fire and all fire related activities... Hates all sirens to the point you cannot even watch cops with him in the same room. Oh and all airplanes are an "immediate" threat and he will let you know if they are flying over the house... Pretty much the poor guy is afraid of everything but his own shadow:(

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Bella doesn't like anything that makes loud noises, I was very surprised though b/c the other day I was mowing the lawn and she just followed me around. So I guess it's OK I'm the one making the noise, she also gets scared when my kids wrestle around.

Gatticus is afraid of the vacuum lol

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
My Ridgeback mix Shotgun is afraid of fire trucks, fireworks, the fireplace, pretty much fire and all fire related activities... Hates all sirens to the point you cannot even watch cops with him in the same room. Oh and all airplanes are an "immediate" threat and he will let you know if they are flying over the house... Pretty much the poor guy is afraid of everything but his own shadow:(

Ha-ha that's like Bella the littlest things spook her and she nearly jumps out of her skin :D

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Toast. Every time I make toast, Wolfie shakes violently and cowers in the corner. The toaster set the smoke detectors off two times, and now he thinks they are going to go off when we make toast.

·
Registered
30,387 Posts
e-collars, the crack of a horsewhip, flyswatters, water hoses, the sound of compressed air

·
Registered
32 Posts
Unfortunately Jake is fear reactive so his biggest fears are other dogs and people. Sometimes weird things will spook him - my husband's sweatshirt hanging on the back of the chair, something he's stepped on... Early this morning he growled/barked at his giant soccer ball sized chuckit ball. He'd brought it upstairs before bed and we just laid it on the floor by the door. Apparently he forgot and it startled him briefly. Once hubby showed him what it was he was fine. Flyswatters are also something of a problem but all of our dogs have been afraid of them. Not sure why. Oddly enough loud noises do not bother him. He is fine with thunderstorms, fireworks, guns going off in the distance during hunting season. Since we started giving him L-Theanine he's gotten much better and is less easily startled/spooked. Life with Jake can sometimes be challenging but it's never dull!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Finn hated plastic bags as a puppy...plastic bags and basket balls. He's fine with them now, but man he would have a fit with them. After that, he's fine with just about anything. New experiences he goes into with gusto and vigor.

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
Masi is fearless, but the ONE THING she is petrified of, is my vet:( Techs are fine, office is fine, as soon as my vet walks in, she is afraid..Altho we've had some progress, when she was really ill a couple months ago, my vet was able to hang with her some, took her for a walk even. So we have some progress..

Otherwise, I have never seen her afraid of anything else..

·
Registered
418 Posts
Niko is afraid of storms and fire works, he practically sits in my lap when it storms and if I'm not home when it storms I'll walk in and find him laying in the hallway.

·
Registered
7,146 Posts
All three of mine are pretty good with just about everything. I can't think of anything they are "afraid" of. They do get curious/concerned of what your doing with a fly swatter, but don't seemed to be afraid of it. Ranger hates snow shovels scraping on the cement. He will try to pull it out of your hands, but I thought that was the noise bothering him, idk.

·
Registered
145 Posts
We tried so hard to socialize Stark when he was a puppy, hes not afraid of fireworks, gunshots, any other animals/ people, any vehicles. But, apparently the one thing we forgot was small statues/ lawn ornaments. He freezes, his hackles go up and he does his big dog bark whenever we see any sort of little statue. LOL

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Hondo doesn't show fear of anything.....but a hand held bug zapper. He won't run away and hide, he'll just move away from it and give us dirty looks. I'm assuming because it makes the same noise our electric fence does. I've never seen him test it...but apparently, he has.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well, until today, I would've said we haven't found anything Bella is afraid of. However, today we were in Buchheit Supply (kind of a farm/tractor store) and she saw a life-size cardboard cut-out of Richard Petty:

She couldn't take it! She started barking and would NOT come close to it! Other people in the store were walking by and laughing that she was afraid of it. It was pretty funny. :D

·
Registered
423 Posts
My 6 month old puppy Havoc doesn't like any kind of loud noise like fire works or thunder. He will bark like he's about to be killed.....

1 - 20 of 57 Posts