These look exactly like what my pup had/has. My vet scraped for sarcoptic mange that came back negative. He pretty much said it was likely to be flea allergy. I switched to Pro Meris flea and tick killer. It seems to be doing a lot better than Frontline was. Anyway, the vet told me that it really didn't take a lot of flea bites to trigger the allergy and that each red spot was not neccesarily a bite location. I'm going to give the ProMeris a chance to kill everything that the poison doesn't get and see if his skin gets better. Right now he's got flaky skin on his back. The lesions have healed up quite bit. The vet originally had me bathing a lot with flea shampoo but after seeing the skin opined that i had kind of overdone it. So he's sure getting a little funky but doesn't seem to scratch as much.
Looks just like what Mas gets, flea allergy. He also has no fleas when I see the sores on him. Only thing is he gets frantic with scratching and can not settle as he literally runs from room to room. I give him an all natural antihistamine and that results in almost immeditate comfort. But check with your vet before you give your guy anything
That one really raised bump is weird-looks like it wants to pop.
The bad thing about the flea or food or whatever allergy stuff is that they get a secondary infection from it.
Forgot to mention-my vet told me never to futz around with skin stuff before I bring them in-no baths, washing, etc. (because they get right in-it's not a long waiting period-then we'd have to figure something out) because you can "destroy the evidence" that they are going to be looking for, including odor.
My Mick had a very similar rash when he came to me. It was characterised as a skin infection of unknown cause (but probably from unhygienic conditions at the shelter) and we treated by washing with disinfectant soap and then spraying on antibiotic treatment. He responded really fast - it cleared in a very short time.
Whew! Glad it was a nipple! A nipple with attitude, but still...better than a big raised sore. I am betting that it is a staph infection caused by a mystery like dd said! Or maybe caused by bug bites...will check for an update tonight!
Yeah-I destroyed the evidence-that is how I knew...