German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My apologies if this is the wrong section. We got this 2 month old puppy (around 2 months, she came in as a stray so we have no exact age) from a local shelter around a week ago. She was 10 pounds then, and is now 13. :D
My question is, what does she look like to you guys? The only breed I really see in her is GSD, but she certainly doesn't look purebred.

Here she is right after we got her:

And a couple days ago:

Any ideas? :)

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Definitely some kind of terrier dog, the wirey fur is a dead giveaway. I don't really see GSD to be honest. Maybe a little but not much IMHO. It's always hard to tell with puppies though.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
i see GSD!!! looks a bit like a sable puppy, and her chest had colors similar to Codys.

But the face...not at all. I do find if CRAZY some one would breed a GSD with a "toy" breed.

congrats on the pup though regardless of what she's made of :)

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
definitely terrier something. cute pup but i dont see ANY german shepherd in there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely some kind of terrier dog, the wirey fur is a dead giveaway. I don't really see GSD to be honest. Maybe a little but not much IMHO. It's always hard to tell with puppies though.
Isn't terrier fur pretty bristly? Her fur feels very soft.
She may have terrier in her though. :)

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Not may, she definitely has terrier in her. That fur is a 100% dead giveaway to at least one parent.

And many terriers are soft to the touch, just look rough. :)

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
with her coloring i would guess possibly some GSD back a ways but it could be rottie. Terrier fur is soft when they're pups and then turns kinda rough but depending on how you take care of the coat IE oatmeal bathing, coat stripping and such, the dog could very well have a relatively soft coat. Then you add in how much time the dog spends outside and that can play a factor in the feel of the coat as well.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Whatever she is she is really cute!

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
with her coloring i would guess possibly some GSD back a ways but it could be rottie.
I'm not seeing any GSD and definitely not seeing any rottweiler at all.

I honestly have no idea, but it's usually pretty hard to tell when they're this young. Definitely some terrier with possibly some husky somewhere in there. It will probably be easier to tell once she's a little older.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
I'm not seeing any GSD and definitely not seeing any rottweiler at all.

I honestly have no idea, but it's usually pretty hard to tell when they're this young. Definitely some terrier with possibly some husky somewhere in there. It will probably be easier to tell once she's a little older.

agreed. definitely curious to see pictures as she grows! She's a cute lil pup.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Not all terriers are toy sized. Definitely terrier in there.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Yes...there are larger terriers :)

We used to have a Malamute/husky/terrior mix. He looked all Mal/husky...except for the scruffy face...he was adorable! Looked like a stuffed animal when he was a baby...just like your puppy :) I definitely see the terrior as well.
Your puppy is beautiful!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I don't see any GSD in there at all... I see a lot of Terrier and maybe something else.

Very cute puppy though.

·
2,967 Posts
She looks a little schnauzery to me, apart from the pricked ears. And a Standard Schnauzer isn't a small dog like some of the terriers.

We have a friend with a dog that was labeled a Schnauzer/Shepherd mix and it's not far off that apart from the pricked ears.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts