German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look at this face and those ears! Just because she is black doesn't mean she isn't a GSD!

Racists I tell you! :p

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Beautiful girl! Yeah, I actually had someone tell me Dharma must be part lab because of the way her coat hangs?!? HUH??

·
Registered
27,272 Posts
As long as your insurance company believes it, its all good!
She is gorgeous!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Beautiful all GS girl there!

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
I loved the look of my black GSD, but heard "he must be part lab" his entire life. It did get old.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
No, no, those idiots have it all wrong...She's part Panther. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not sure I see much if any lab. Ears are full, erect and pointed. Lab mixes usually rounder, soft or floppy ears. Also muzzle too long and narrow. Lab's more squared and shorter. I also have a solid black GSD and I've seen a few with the white star on the chest. Good looking girl. That last picture is too cute.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
She looks like a PB black lab to me.... oh yeah... definitely.... oh wait.... could be a husky mix..... nope nope thats not right either..... MUST be a chihuahua mix... yup thats it. Chihuahua mix. no no no..... poodle... I mean just look at her! DEFINITELY poodle lab mix. Yup. uh huh.

Some people.

She's a gorgeous dog. We have a solid black male GSD/border collie mix with a white patch on his chest. He looks PB GSD except for that white. We've gotten the chihuahua mix comment about him before and the lab mix comment. Some people are just out of their minds.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I understood it before her ears came up, but even now when we meet somebody new they always have to ask what she is mixed with. When we tell them that she's a GSD, they always look shocked. Some even argue with us! "German Shepherds don't come in that colour!"

The cable guy came over to hook up our cable and as she greeted him he said " oh what a nice black lab you guys have".

I mean, we know what she is, and regardless she's still sweetheart and she loves to work and play!

·
Registered
428 Posts
We get the same thing with Dakota all the time. Most people think she's part lab. Not many people believe that she's purebred. When I tell them, some look at me like "yeah, right, you have no idea about dogs, do you?". It does get old after awhile.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I completely understand about the black shepherd thing. When I first took Jamie Lee to the vet they said "What breed is she". I told them GSD and they looked at me like I was insane. I told them she is black purebred German Shepherd. I had to show them her papers. :confused:

Some people just assume that GSDs only come in the classic blk/tan combo.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I've heard the must be part lab for Frank too, I just tell them that's why he was discounted his ears were broke, can't keep them form standing straight up.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
She looks like a PB black lab to me.... oh yeah... definitely.... oh wait.... could be a husky mix..... nope nope thats not right either..... MUST be a chihuahua mix... yup thats it. Chihuahua mix. no no no..... poodle... I mean just look at her! DEFINITELY poodle lab mix. Yup. uh huh.

Some people.

She's a gorgeous dog. We have a solid black male GSD/border collie mix with a white patch on his chest. He looks PB GSD except for that white. We've gotten the chihuahua mix comment about him before and the lab mix comment. Some people are just out of their minds.
woah did you just say people think Riley is a Chihuahua mix?! seriously?! :eek:

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I misunderstood the original post... I was going to say he doesn't look mixed with anything to me... Then I caught on :blush:

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
I've heard the must be part lab for Frank too, I just tell them that's why he was discounted his ears were broke, can't keep them form standing straight up.
:spittingcoffee::rofl:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts