German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My puppy is going on 12 weeks and is such a great dog. I was wondering about one behavior that he does that I find strange/funny.

Pup will be laying on the floor across the room. I plop down on his pillow on the other side of the room which he is not using. He then runs up and lies down next to me and starts whining and licking my face. He'll lie there for a little while then jump up and go back and lie down where he was originally. If I move around a little and plop back down, he repeats the same behavior. :) Any ideas on what this is all about?

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
he doesn't like the way you smell so he wants you
off his pillow.

My puppy is going on 12 weeks and is such a great dog. I was wondering about one behavior that he does that I find strange/funny. Pup will be laying on the floor across the room.

>>>I plop down on his pillow <<<<<

on the other side of the room which he is not using. He then runs up and lies down next to me and starts whining and licking my face. He'll lie there for a little while then jump up and go back and lie down where he was originally. If I move around a little and plop back down, he repeats the same behavior. :) Any ideas on what this is all about?

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
He's being appropriately submissive and friendly to you. Most puppies find having their human on the floor to be such a cool thing they just have to come over and say hello.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He's being appropriately submissive and friendly to you. Most puppies find having their human on the floor to be such a cool thing they just have to come over and say hello.
That is so cool :). He did it to me again just now. He was sleeping across the room, as soon as I lay next to his pillow, he trotted across the room and plopped right next to me and let out a cute puppy sigh. Moments like this make the effort of owning a puppy so worth it!

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
This is also a good way to catch your puppy when he doesn't want to be caught: just lay down and make happy sounds, they usually can't help themselves and come right over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts